Boy Dies from Bubonic Plague After Eating Infected Rodent Meat
Aug 28, 2013 11:47
A teenage boy in Kyrgyzstan died last week from eating infected barbecued meat, fueling fears of a bubonic plague outbreak, as reported by Guardian. The meat was from a marmot, a rodent known to be a carrier of the disease.
Guardian reports that more than 100 people who came into contact with 15-year old Temir Issakunov have been quarantined. This makes the first case of plague in the region in 30 years. The bubonic plague is caused by bacteria that lives in the guts of fleas, and can be transmitted to humans or rodents through flea bites.
This plague is believed to have cause the Black Death, killing about one-third of the European population in the 14th century.
Sports betting has become a hugely popular form of entertainment. And there’s good reason why — the drama of sport makes it perfect for betting on; the unpredictable nature of what could, or couldn’t happen in a game or match, is an enticing one. And there’s so many different elements of the sport to bet on. This includes sporting events. Read more
People experience some hair loss problems after certain periods. In order to find out whether they are suitable for hair transplant after hair loss which is experienced frequently in men over time, they contact the websites of the clinics. Do you wonder about hair transplant and want your hair follicles to be stronger than before? Do you have hair loss and would you like your hair to restore its old appearance? It is not just a dream that your hair follicles will be healthier and stronger than before. You can have hair transplant with different hair transplant techniques with the advancing technology in recent years. Read more
OxyContin is a powerful drug usually prescribed to rectify moderate to severe pain. It is highly popular as a potent painkiller, also known by the name oxycodone. Doctors typically prescribe the drug to physically injured and cancer patients. Read more