Boy Dies from Bubonic Plague After Eating Infected Rodent Meat
Aug 28, 2013 11:47
A teenage boy in Kyrgyzstan died last week from eating infected barbecued meat, fueling fears of a bubonic plague outbreak, as reported by Guardian. The meat was from a marmot, a rodent known to be a carrier of the disease.
Guardian reports that more than 100 people who came into contact with 15-year old Temir Issakunov have been quarantined. This makes the first case of plague in the region in 30 years. The bubonic plague is caused by bacteria that lives in the guts of fleas, and can be transmitted to humans or rodents through flea bites.
This plague is believed to have cause the Black Death, killing about one-third of the European population in the 14th century.
During the past years, we have witnessed stories about massive success in the world of software development. The demand for software has grown on a significant scale, and the interest of a considerable population can explain this phenomenon request for a software solution. As more businesses embrace cloud-based services, the industry continues to grow fast. Read more
Accommodations and electricity bills are a big part of our lives. We do the maths, calculate the expenses and pay our taxes monthly. One of the most influential costs in our regular lives goes to energy usage. Read more
If you are into music production, you must know that audio mastering makes the last step of making any music. It is the final stage of the process in which music in the form of album or mix is taken to its post-production process before it is sent out for distribution. Read more