Napoleon Was The Original Overly Attached Girlfriend, And Here's Why...
Jul 13, 2012 17:32
You might have run across the creepy meme, but Overly Attached Girlfriend has nothing on Napoleon's level of creepiness. Despite the lack of technology guy during the 18th century, that didn't stop the French political leader from bombarding the object of his desire (French Empress Josephine) with all sorts of raunchy letters.
These letters, which were intercepted by the British and published it in all their newspapers to humiliate the French leader, shows just how much of a pervert he really was. Below are the top 10 lines that will make you squirm in your seat:
1. In a letter to Josephine a few months after they married, Napoleon wrote, “I don’t love you, not at all; on the contrary I detest you – You’re a naughty, gawky, foolish slut.” And that was just the first sentence.
2. He ends the same letter by saying, “I hope before long to crush you in my arms and cover you with a million kisses burning as though beneath the equator.”
3. In April 1796, Napoleon begs Josephine to join him in Milan when he wrote, “I shall be alone and far, far away. But you are coming, aren’t you? You are going to be here beside me, in my arms, on my breast, on my mouth? Take wing and come, come… A kiss on your heart, and one much lower down, much lower!” It’s 18th-century sexting.
4. Napoleon continues to shower her with compliments in a July letter: “Your tears rob me of reason, and inflame my blood. Believe me it is not in my power to have a single thought which is not of thee, or a wish I could not reveal to thee.” A little clingy.
5. “I write you, me beloved one, very often, and you write very little. You are wicked and naughty, very naughty, as much as you are fickle. It is unfaithful so to deceive a poor husband, a tender lover!” Now the jealous husband is in full force, and playing the sympathy card.
6. Napoleon goes on to let her know that he is nothing without her. “Without his Josephine, without the assurance of her love, what is left him upon earth? What can he do?” We should note that he was the Emperor of almost all of Europe.
7. After not receiving word from Josephine, Napoleon goes nuts. “You don’t write to me at all; you don’t love your husband; you know how happy your letters make him, and you don’t write him six lines of nonsense…”
8. Back to the dirty talk! “How happy I would be if I could assist you at your undressing, the little firm white breast, the adorable face, the hair tied up in a scarf a la creole.”
9. Just like a jealous husband or boyfriend, Napoleon threatens Josephine that he will “surprise” her one day, “Adieu, adorable Josephine; one of these nights your door will open with a great noise; as a jealous person, and you will find me on your arms.”
10. Napoleon wrote to his brother of his failing love for Josephine. “The veil is torn…It is sad when one and the same heart is torn by such conflicting feelings for one person… I need to be alone. I am tired of grandeur; all my feelings have dried up. I no longer care about my glory. At twenty-nine I have exhausted everything.”
The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 1 really just came out not too long ago and the folks from Screen Junkies are already taking a jab at it. Here's the honest trailer for the movie. Check it out below: Read more
It's 2015, and it's no longer the Kate Upton era. It has been since 2014, but it was hard to find her replacement. Thankfully, there's Charlotte McKinney. And she might just be hotter than Upton. Check out the video below: Read more
This parody video imagines what if they didn't use Lara Stone, but instead this guy CK's ad featuring Justin Bieber. Would Justin still be able to do the shoot properly and professionally? Check it out below: Read more