A Complete Packing List for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
Jan 27, 2019 21:56
Regarded as Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro is the dormant volcano that is situated in Tanzania. It is one of the most famous and much-loved places for the trekkers around the country. But since the temperature of this mountain varies quickly from hot to bitter cold, a person needs to be ready for any type of situation.
So if you are planning to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, you should have a clear idea of what to pack in your bag. Make sure to cover all the mandatory equipment and buy it in advance so as to avoid any last-minute issues. Before you start trekking, confirm for any health issues from a doctor so that you do not have to face any discomfort in the long run.
When it comes to clothing, make sure that you have stuff like –
• Bottom and Top Base Layer
• 3-4 pairs of the Undergarments
• A pair or two of the hiking trousers
• 2-3 Trekking Shirts of long as well as short sleeves
• An insulated Winter Jacket
• A Polartec Fleece Jacket
• A Hard Shell Jacket
• A pair of insulated Trekking Pants
• A Lightweight Raingear
To trek without causing any major discomfort to your feet, it is suggested to pack these items –
• The Mid-weight boots for Hiking
• Trekking Sandals / Camp Trainers
• 3-4 pairs of the Trekking Socks
• A pair of thick/warm Trekking Socks
For walking and hands, you require –
• Inner Gloves which are lightweight
• Mitts / Outer Warm Gloves
• Convertible Trekking Poles
Protect your head with the help of these items –
• A Sun Hat that can cover your neck as well
• Fleece Headband or Warm Beanie
Daypack and Bags –
• A waterproof 70-80L Duffle Bag
• A 30-40L Daypack
• The Daypack Rain cover
The sleeping Accessories are a must-have for you –
• An insulated Sleeping Mat
• The Four Season Sleeping Bag
• An Inflatable Pillow, if required.
In addition to all these, pack some general accessories as well –
• A large size Water Bottle
• The tablets of Water Purification
• A Suncream for sweat resistance
• Baby Wipes
• Blister Platers
• Some General Medicines like Imodium, Paracetamol etc.
• Insect Repellant and,
• Pee Bottle, if needed.
• Energy Drink Supplements
• Trekking Towel
• Energy Bars
If you wish to click some really nice and captivating pictures of the popular Mountain, it is vital to fully charge your Camera beforehand as well as bring an extra memory Card and some spare batteries. Although you can climb Mount Kilimanjaro during any time of the year, the period of January-March, as well as June-October, is the most suitable one for you.
Do not forget that the key to fully enjoy your trekking experience and avoid any major issues is that you must always be well-prepared for anything. When you are equipped with the right accessories, your climbing experience ultimately becomes a comfortable one as you are not stressed about any miss happening.
Believe it or not, there was a time that the vile act of smoking cigarettes was more of social achievement. But as science advanced and more research was put into the subject, there were discoveries that it did more harm than good. Today, cigarette smoking is condemned by many. Sure, most countries globally still allow the selling and circulation of cigarettes within their borders, but they have many rules on where to smoke. Read more
Watches are just as necessary today as they were back in 1812. Just ask anyone who’s been stuck in a room with no clocks and a dead cell phone. Because at the end of the day, while many things go out of style, a select few stick around for the long haul. Watches are one of them. Read more