If you are an Australian that is planning a trip to America, it is important to ensure you have the right documentation. With a variety of changes having been put into place over recent years, it is always best to check the most up to date requirements before you book and pay for your travel just to be on the safe side.

As an Australian who is travelling to or through the United States, you are part of the Visa Waiver Scheme. This means that you need to get ESTA Visa as an Australian citizen before you travel, which is a process that you can easily complete online.  However, you should make sure that you are aware of what you need to do and when you need to do it so that your travel plans run smoothly.

About making your application

Making an ESTA application is pretty straightforward and simple, as it can all be done with speed and ease online. You simply need to have some basic details and information to hand in order to complete the application and once you receive a certificate through you will be able to travel to and through the United States without any issues for the next two years. Once the ESTA expires, you will need to get it renewed before you can travel to the United States again. There are also a number of other reasons why you may need to apply for a new ESTA before the current one expires. This includes if you legally change your name or gender and also if your passport expires and has to be renewed.

When it comes to making your application, one thing to bear in mind is that you need to do this in a timely manner. You must make your application a minimum of three days before you travel otherwise there is a good chance that it won’t be processed in time and you may be unable to travel or to gain entry to the United States as a result of this. Making sure you complete the application as early on as possible means that you can rest easy in the knowledge that it is all sorted. Do make sure that you do it on the official site and not on a scam website

When you do make your application, you will need to answer some standard questions and provide some background information about yourself. In addition to this, you will need your passport information and details of where you are staying when you come to the United States. You also need to provide information about your current or past employer as part of the application. Once all of the details are entered and submitted, the application will be processed and you will then receive a certificate to confirm that you are able to travel to or through the United States. This will last for a two year period as long as your situation remains the same and your passport is in date. During that period, you can travel to and through the United States as often as you want to on the same ESTA.