One of the best options for businesses today to , up the all over functionality of their business as well as take customer service forward by huge steps is by outsourcing their customer service duties. Over the span of last decade, more and more companies have cropped up, all of who promise to extend the best services when it comes to handling your customers for you.
Though this might sound like an exceedingly lucrative offer, there is always two sides to a story. There are a good number of pros and cons associated with the theory and practice of outsourced customer service. Here is a list you must aware yourself with, before you decide upon appointing an external service provider for your customer support.
Cons of appointing external customer service agencies:
There are a lot of theories associated with what could go wrong, when you appoint an externally based company to handle your customer service. Let’s put all those theories at bay and look at the things that can actually go wrong. Some of these are listed below-
• Security: There is always a chance that someone breaks into valuable data and steals it. Look for companies that use 100% full proof data security systems.
• Problem in communication: The biggest concern that businesses have when loading someone else with the responsibility of internal customer service, is lack of proper or efficient communication.
• Regulations: Since many businesses appoint companies based offshore, for these kinds of services, some laws and rules in their country may differ from the others.
These are almost all the disadvantages there is to outsourcing your customer service. The only prevention that you can take, in order to prevent yourself and your business from disadvantages of such a progressive and advanced practice is by hiring the best companies in the business. Like this, you not only avoid the damages but also make way for more benefits.
Pros of appointing external customer service agencies:
The fact that the advantages of appointing external customer service agencies to attend to your business’s present and potential consumer base is much, much higher in comparison to the few disadvantages, is what makes the process popular. Some of these many benefits are-
• 24/7 Availability Appointing a professional company to attend to your consumer queries, doubts, questions and problems is the wisest decision. By doing this, you allow a number of professionals to extend 24/7 attention to your consumers, without hampering the general functions of your business.
• Cost Effective By outsourcing these duties, you save yourself the cost of establishing whole new department to take care of customer service. You also do not have to keep your senior employees tangled with customer handling responsibilities; neither do you have to employ new employees to take care of the job.
• More focus on primary business functions With your employees all saved from investing extra time and efforts in customer service functions, they have enough and more time and attention to expend over their legit and present job roles. This positively influences the all over focus on the primary business functions and goals.
• Business Branding The aim of any and every business is to become a brand. The best way to do so is by connecting more effectively with your consumers, both present and potential and leaves them with a warm and valuable experience, when dealing with the representatives of the business. That is exactly what you get with the best customer service companies.
Other than these benefits, other advantages that make outsourcing customer service responsibilities a great idea for any and every business include- greater client satisfaction, an inexpensive way to get additional help, finding immediate support without training, etc.
Summer is just around the corner which means that beach season is looming. There are those men who dread having to get into a bathing suit in front of people and those that live for it. The main difference between these men is usually how in shape they are but even someone with a dad bod can strut their stuff with enough confidence. Read more
If you had at least one day job before starting your business, you’ll already know something about how important communication is to the smooth running of a company. Something as little as a missed call, or an email sent to the wrong address, can turn the whole operation on its head, and cause a range of costly issues. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at how bad communication leads to bad business… Read more