Guy Calculates How Much Money Has Been Spent To Save Matt Damon
Jan 14, 2016 18:08
Matt Damon won the best actor in a comedy or musical for his role in The Martian. It's a story of an astronaut who gets left behind on Mars and needs rescue. And that sounds exciting, except, a lot of movies Matt Damon has made has been about saving him.
One man attempted to work out how much fictional money has been spent on rescuing Matt from all his escapades. Kynan Eng, is a Zurich-based researcher into artificial intelligence and clearly has a lot of time on his hands.
Eng looked at all the films in which Damon needed saving, and responded to a Quora post which is now going viral. He even tallied up the sum of which was spent.
1. Courage Under Fire (1996) — $300,000
2. Saving Private Ryan (1998) — $100,000
3. Titan A.E. (2000) — $200 Billion
4. Syriana (2005) — $50,000
5. Green Zone (2010) — $50,000
6. Elysium (2013) — $100 Million
7. Interstellar (2014) — $500 Billion
8. The Martian (2015) — $200 Billion
This is the grand total:
Eng also calculated the combined budgets for the films which comes up to more than $729 million.
He confessed, though, “This is not real research in the sense that I know it. It would be nice to get this type of coverage for my real work.”
- A Unity Project with the VRChat SDK imported. o Locate instructions to set this up here.- A rigged 3D model, compatible with Unity. o Either download online, potentially using the Unity Asset store, or create and rig your own. However, if you haven’t got much experience with 3D models, it is recommended you source them from the internet or buy 3d models that are ready-to-use on the special marketplaces.- Basic knowledge of Unity 3D. Read more
Being in Tanzania on safari is a great chance to see a whole lot of African wildlife in their natural habitat. If you’ve ever dreamed of seeing any of the ‘big five’ animals: lions, elephants, rhinos, leopards or buffalo, there is no better place to see them than on Tanzania wildlife safaris. Read more