Attention-Seeking Woman Poisons Man Using Eye Drops
You would think that eye drops are harmless, since you put them in your
eyes. Turns out that it also contains a chemical called tetrahydrozoline
hydrochloride, which can make you incredibly ill if ingested after a
long period of time.
One woman named Vickie Mills learned this the hard way. She had been poisoning a man named Thurman Nesbitt for years but dropping the stuff in his drinking water. Eventually things got so serious that authorities were called in, CBS News reports:
For years Nesbitt's doctor treated him for symptoms including nausea,
vomiting, blood pressure problems and breathing trouble, police said.
The doctor contacted authorities on June 17 after he discovered
tetrahydrozoline, a chemical found in eye drops, in blood tests.
Mills admitted to the police that she had placed the drops in his "drinking water 10 to 12 times since June 2009." She said she did it because she wanted Nesbitt to "pay more attention to her." It's not certain if this was some sort of twisted prank or an attempted murder, but that woman is obviously suffering from pretty severe mental/emotional instability. Hopefully once Mills is behind bars, she'll pick up a copy of 'He's Just Not That Into To You.'