16 Annoying Things People Say When You Get Married
Aug 14, 2013 09:18
For some, they meet and marry their partners almost immediately - as if they just know their other half is 'the one'. But for others, it takes years, or sometimes even decades to finally find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. Engagements and fresh marriages come with plenty of excitement. Your family and friends will undoubtedly be more excited than you at times, and it can get overwhelming.
What follows is a series of questions people say or ask married or to-be-married people. And it gets annoying. You've already managed to achieve the first two steps: finding 'the one', and then actually marrying them. Here are 16 of some of the most commonly annoying and crazy things people say to the almost-there and the married:
1. "So... when are you having kids????" (or a variation - "when are you gonna start trying?")
2. "You're not hyphenating and/or taking his horrible last name, right?"
3. "Are you still allowed to go out without him?"
4. "Hey, you know statistics show you have less than a 50 percent chance of this working out, right?"
5. "He'll make a great first husband!"
6. "How's the old ball and chain?"
7. "Congrats! Your sex life is over!"
8. "I always thought you'd end up with (insert name of an ex or person other than the new husband)."
9. "Is that true what they say about marriage killing your sex life?"
10. "Aww.. You probably already miss the single life, huh?"
11. "Your husband lets you wear THAT?"
12. "Why bother exercising/eating right? Now that the wedding's over, you can get fat!"
13. "Here's the card of a divorce lawyer I know in case it doesn't work out."
14. "Welcome to the club! Now we can be miserable together."
15. "Why are you doing your hair/makeup? You've already got him!"
It is falsely believed that power surges happen outside your home when the lightning strikes and damages the transformer. Even though these events are common during thunder or rain storms and may, in some cases, lead to unwarranted power surges, usually, most power surges come from within the house. It is the on-off cycle of large appliances that cause surges in your home’s electrical mechanism, damaging your TVs and other sensitive equipment in the process. Read more
For many businesses, landing a client is not easy. Especially for real estate firms trying to make their name in the market, it’s not a walk in the park. Usually, new businesses like real estate firms focus on the service that they’re selling. That’s totally ok and is considered to be an integral part when it comes to running a business. Read more
As online media transforms into a more planned part of our lives, influencer exhibiting has exploded. People are setting off to their most cherished Instagram models, Twitter characters and YouTube stars for urging and proposals on purchasing decisions. Read more