Getting married is not for everyone, but some ladies can't help but feel that their man is just keeping them around for as long as possible until he finally meet the "right one" for him. And guess where that leaves you in the equation? So if you're wondering whether your man considers you as marriage material, here are a few red flags to watch out for:
1. He only makes plans for the immediate or short term. He is always ready to make a date for tonight or this weekend but rarely makes plans for the distant future. When you ask him to plan a romantic vacation for next year, he hesitates before telling you "That sounds great, but let's wait until it gets closer before booking the flight and hotel."
2. He rarely sings your praises to his friends and family. A man who is serious about you and your future together raves about you. When you're hanging around with those close to him, they usually say something to the effect of, "Wow, he never told us how smart and talented you are!"
3. In social settings, when the topic of marriage or children comes up, he quickly changes the subject. When he cannot change the subject, he will try to distract you or remove you from the conversation to avoid having to face any questions from the conversation.
4. He says he' too stressed at work to think about getting married now but maybe in a few months he can focus on it. He's more likely doing this to buy more time with you before being cornered into dealing with the subject of marriage.
5. He avoids talking about a deeper commitment and tells you he is "happy the way things are" This is a major sign and one way of him letting you know that he does not have the intention of taking your relationship to the next level.
6. He avoids serious talks about the future by diverting your attention by making jokes or doing fun stuff. Remember, his goal is to keep you happy and around without having to further the commitment.
7. He will compliment you without adding himself in the mix. Sure he'll tell you how great and special you are, or how much he admires you. But you'll never hear anything like, "I am so lucky to be with you ... You are the woman for me!"
While this all may seem cruel, you must understand that men in general look
at dating very differently than women, so they don't feel it's wrong to
continue dating as long as both of you are "having a good time." The
problem with this for most women is that usually means they end up
investing too much and staying too long in a relationship which ends up
going nowhere. If any of the above signs seem familiar to you, then it's time to really evaluate your relationship and figure out if you really want to stick around as his 'back-up girl.'
Here are some children's books that are kind of questionable. From the title of the books to its contents, could they actually be inappropriate? After all, kids can't tell the difference...yet. Either way, I'm not letting my kids anywhere near these! Check them out below: Read more
While scientists don't know for sure why we have to sleep, one thing is clear: we need it and if we don't have it, a lot of things can go wrong. And we're not talking about just your body. It will affect parts of your life like your career, relationships, and more. Read more
Guys cry. But when hot guys cry, they make it look even hotter. I mean, it's not exactly the kind of face that's the most flattering kind. It almost seems like a work of art to look this good while bawling. Here are some hot guys who aren't afraid to shed a tear or two. Because they're hot. Read more