Diabetes is considered as a deadly disease. The idea of your cat being infected with diabetes could be frightening. Getting to know that it is actually infected with the disease could even be more devastating. However, the disease is manageable. Taking care of your diabetic cat is also manageable. The earlier the disease is detected, the easier it is providing the required care. Therefore, this article, will give you tips on how you should take care of your cat with feline diabetes.
The following are the tips you should use:
1. Form a Feeding Schedule - Most people think that the perfect time to feed a diabetic cat is after it has had its insulin injection. Nevertheless, scientists and doctors recommend that you feed it the time when the meal matches insulin activities. That is roughly, 2-3 hours after the insulin injection has been administered. If you realize that your cat is not eating well, call a vet doctor
2. Go for Regular Check-ups - From these check-ups, your vet advises you on how you should administer the insulin injections or check the glucose levels. There are also tests that only the vet can carry out such as liver or kidney tests. Therefore, the check-ups are important.
3. Join Support Groups for Cat Diabetes - You can find cat diabetes forums and support groups online. These groups help you to interact with other diabetic cat owners. You can share ideas and learn new things from them. It is from these groups that you also get support and encouragement from people going through the same challenge as you.
4. Feed It with Proper Diet - Just as it is with human diabetics, the same rules apply with the cats. They have to be fed with food that has enough proteins and low carbohydrates. Foods rich in protein help in the reduction of glucose produced in the cat’s body. With the different formulations of cat diets, ensure that your cat gets access to drinking water and if possible, ensure it enjoys at least a benefit from a fountain.
5. Encourage Your Cat - It is necessary to ensure that you spend some time with your cat. Provide it with the attention that it needs. This gives the cat encouragement it requires. For example, you can decide to brush its fur after administering the insulin injection. Your cat will be positive to the injections and it will not run away when time for injections comes.
6. Keep Track of Its Health - Have enough information about feline diabetes. You should know that there are two types of diabetes; Type 1 and Type 2. Type 1 requires insulin injection while Type 2 does not. You should have this kind of information on your fingertips to know what treatment and what kind of care to administer to your cat. The following is what you should keep track on ;
●The blood sugar of the cat
●The cat’s urine
At the end of the day, even if you find out your cat has feline diabetes, do not take it as a direct death sentence. No but instead, use the above tips and they will help you to provide the proper care, your cat needs because the disease is manageable. You have to step up and do what you have to do. If you do not give your cat the care it needs, then who will?
Life is challenging enough as it is, so there’s no point in making your days harder on yourself than they should be. Luckily, there are plenty of useful strategies that will help you ease the pain and find more peace in your days. Read more
Vacations are the favorite spare time anyone wants. It reduces the stress from the yearlong jobs. Whatever may you do, you need extra time all to yourself. Even if you sit ideal for the rest of the year, you will feel drowsy and would want to refresh your mind. The best option for such a scenario is to go to the water to have an awesome trip. This is a trip that you would feel proud. This thing would remain in your mind for until eternity. The best part of these trips is, once you get in touch with the experience you are going to wish for such trips whenever it is possible. Read more