Diabetes is considered as a deadly disease. The idea of your cat being infected with diabetes could be frightening. Getting to know that it is actually infected with the disease could even be more devastating. However, the disease is manageable. Taking care of your diabetic cat is also manageable. The earlier the disease is detected, the easier it is providing the required care. Therefore, this article, will give you tips on how you should take care of your cat with feline diabetes.
The following are the tips you should use:
1. Form a Feeding Schedule - Most people think that the perfect time to feed a diabetic cat is after it has had its insulin injection. Nevertheless, scientists and doctors recommend that you feed it the time when the meal matches insulin activities. That is roughly, 2-3 hours after the insulin injection has been administered. If you realize that your cat is not eating well, call a vet doctor
2. Go for Regular Check-ups - From these check-ups, your vet advises you on how you should administer the insulin injections or check the glucose levels. There are also tests that only the vet can carry out such as liver or kidney tests. Therefore, the check-ups are important.
3. Join Support Groups for Cat Diabetes - You can find cat diabetes forums and support groups online. These groups help you to interact with other diabetic cat owners. You can share ideas and learn new things from them. It is from these groups that you also get support and encouragement from people going through the same challenge as you.
4. Feed It with Proper Diet - Just as it is with human diabetics, the same rules apply with the cats. They have to be fed with food that has enough proteins and low carbohydrates. Foods rich in protein help in the reduction of glucose produced in the cat’s body. With the different formulations of cat diets, ensure that your cat gets access to drinking water and if possible, ensure it enjoys at least a benefit from a fountain.
5. Encourage Your Cat - It is necessary to ensure that you spend some time with your cat. Provide it with the attention that it needs. This gives the cat encouragement it requires. For example, you can decide to brush its fur after administering the insulin injection. Your cat will be positive to the injections and it will not run away when time for injections comes.
6. Keep Track of Its Health - Have enough information about feline diabetes. You should know that there are two types of diabetes; Type 1 and Type 2. Type 1 requires insulin injection while Type 2 does not. You should have this kind of information on your fingertips to know what treatment and what kind of care to administer to your cat. The following is what you should keep track on ;
●The blood sugar of the cat
●The cat’s urine
At the end of the day, even if you find out your cat has feline diabetes, do not take it as a direct death sentence. No but instead, use the above tips and they will help you to provide the proper care, your cat needs because the disease is manageable. You have to step up and do what you have to do. If you do not give your cat the care it needs, then who will?
Vacuum cleaners are best suited for a person who loves to keep the surroundings clean and free of dust. To purchase a vacuum cleaner is not at all similar to going to a supermarket and buying a broomstick to get rid of the dirt. Vacuum cleaners come in different sizes, prices, colors, brands, and most importantly different types. When in the market to buy a vacuum cleaner, you need to exactly know what type of vacuum cleaner is needed by you to keep the household free from dust. Read more
As all students know, exam time can be incredibly stressful and worrying. Many students go into a blind panic when exam time comes around, and this gets them absolutely nowhere. Unless you plan ahead and have some structure in your life, tackling your exams will be all the more difficult. The last thing you want to do is look at the University of California Berkeley final exam schedule and realize that you are nowhere near prepared for your up and coming exams. Read more
The Maasai are known for many things. Their imposing height, their reputation as fearless warriors, their traditional nomadic lifestyle. When I think of Africa, the Maasai are one of the first things that come to mind, representing the essence of this continent. Read more