10 "Lessons" We Shouldn't Have Learned From Past Cartoons
Mar 08, 2017 13:09
The 80s and 90s were a very different time when it came to cartoons. Too often were we showed all kinds of values we shouldn't have. Here are some of the top 10 most screwed up things we've seen from past cartoons:
1. It's okay if your boyfriend cheats on you, if it's your alter-ego he's cheating with.
2. Drinking some "magical" substance to give you lots of energy is a good idea. (No it's not...)
3. No one gets hurt in gun battles..in G.I. Joe.
4. You could totally hook up with your long lost sibling.
Just in case you were wondering: No, you shouldn't.
Really, no. Don't do it.
5. You can hurt someone as long as you do it with love.
6. You should get into an investigation because you've got detective skills.
7. Money is everything.
8. Expect to be harassed if you're the only female in the group.
9. Creepy adults hanging out teenage girls is fine (in Bettlejuice) - No it's not.
10. You should totally keep secrets from adults (especially if you found a living dinosaur.)
The issue of sexual harassment in the workplace remains for the most business companies a ‘hidden’ problem. Have you ever experienced sexual harassment, and do you know what can you do stop it? Read more
Consumers today are very different, at least that seems apparent with a recent study. Whether it's a bar, hotel, car repair shop or anything in between, the internet is a common place to find where you're wanting to go and then making the trip. Read more
Adulting. It’s a term that has apparently increased in usage by over 700% in the last year on social media site Twitter. It’s exact origins can’t be attributed to anywhere or anyone in particular; it’s just one of those words that seems to fit the description accordingly. Read more