Have you ever looked back at photos and wondered what’s going on with your smile? Don’t worry, it happens to all of us! It’s almost as if the camera purposely captures the worst possible moment. Well today, we’re going to get rid of that problem for good. In this quick article, we’re looking at how to make your teeth shine.
We’ll also show you how to perfect your smile for the camera. With a combination of good oral hygiene and smiling tricks, you’ll never take a bad photo again!
1. Visit the dentist - A beautiful smile all starts with regular visits to the dentist. Unfortunately, no amount of regular oral hygiene will prevent all of the problems in our mouths. Even if you’re a little scared of the dentist, make an appointment once every six months. They’ll use their professional equipment to clean them thoroughly. They’ll also keep an eye on any problems, and identify any dangerous plaque. They have all sorts of options for improving your teeth. For example, PaulCorcoranDDS.com has Invisalign clear braces, dental implants and dentures.
2. Oral hygiene - With a visit to the dentists out of the way, you need to focus on the day-to-day hygiene. Start by brushing them at least twice a day and, ideally, after every meal. This will help remove any damaging pieces of food. Try to use an electric toothbrush, and use whitening toothpaste sparingly. Don’t forget to floss afterwards, and rinse your mouth with mouthwash.
3. Eat your greens - We all know we’re supposed to eat our vegetables. But did you know they’re essential for healthy teeth? If you’re looking for white, healthy teeth, there are some foods you should avoid. Namely, anything with sugar! Sugar actively rots the teeth and causes problems. Meanwhile, liquids like tea, coffee, and red wine can stain your white teeth. Consume them in moderation and increase your fruit, veg, and calcium. You’ll find plenty of calcium in milk and yoghurt. Almonds are also great for strong, clean teeth.
4. Be natural - The best smiles are always natural. You can spot a forced smile from a mile away. It’s these forced, awkward smiles that tend to plague our photographs. Next time you’re in front of the camera, try relaxing all your muscles. Now, think of a natural and happy memory. It should instantly bring a warm, natural smile to your face. It might take a while to get used to it, but you’ll get there eventually!
5. Practice - It might sound like strange advice, but why not practice your smile? Trust us, all your favourite celebrities do this before they hit the red carpet. Sit in front of the mirror and experiment with your smile. Learn to recognize what movements create the smile you like best. Now practice it until it becomes second nature.
Next time the camera is pointed at you, you’ll know exactly what to do! That’s all for now, folks. Remember, keep your teeth clean, visit the dentist, and stay away from the sugar.
With summer drawing to a close; you might want to go on one last road trip to enjoy the open road, a beautiful coastline, or just a change of scenery. You’ll be able to make some lasting summer memories with your loved ones, and it could be a total surprise where the road takes you. Read more
Looking for a slice of heaven? ChefsFeed, the only chef-powered food media site has the scoop on five of the best slices in the country. These are recommendations you can trust: only the best chefs in every city recommend dishes so you know these are coming from a source you can trust! The Saint Louie at the Speedy Romeo Read more
Shopping around for a hotel is exhausting, especially if you aren’t sure what you’re doing. There are so many to choose from, and eventually, they all start to look the same. Take a step back and contemplate why you’re looking for a room in the first place. Read more