To make the perfect french toast every single time, you need to follow some instructions. They're not hard at all. It's easy! Do this a couple of times and you won't be referring to any recipe. Check it out below and happy cooking!
1. Cut a large loaf of challah bread into 1-inch-thick slices. There should be about 8 slices, not including the heels.
2. In a large, wide bowl, combine 6 eggs, 1 cup whole milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg; whisk the mixture until it’s light and frothy.
3. Place the bread slices in the egg batter for about 30 seconds on each side. The bread should be soaked through so it’s nice and custardy on the inside.
4. Brush oil on a griddle or large skillet and heat on medium-low. Let excess batter drip off bread by picking up slices, and place on the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom side looks dry along the edges.
5. Cook the reverse side for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately OR keep warm in the oven set at 200℉.
6. The most important part, top off the toast with pats of butter, warm maple syrup, and powdered sugar. Always go with real butter (not margarine) and real maple syrup (not pancake syrup).
There is no denying that eating home cooked meals is better for your health than eating out. The problem is that most people think that making a meal at home is too hectic and takes time and it is a better deal to just order something. However, this is not the truth. Read more
The fashion industry is one of the fastest-moving industries out there, subject to change between the seasons and even within each season itself. As customers’ tastes change and our fashion choices develop, new trends come through and dominate the fashion world. Read more
Traveling is supposed to be a time away from home where you relax and treat your children to family fun. But it can be difficult to enjoy a relaxing vacation when you’re thinking about the costs associated with the trip. With your head filled with cruises, road trips and weekend getaways, it’s never too late to begin saving for some time away. The following are 6 unique ideas that will help make the saving process easier. Read more