9 Struggles If You're a Banana in a Very Chinese Family During CNY
Feb 02, 2016 16:39
If you grew up in a predominantly or completely English speaking
environment, this time of the year is going to be tough for you since
there's a high chance your extended family is going to be speaking in
dialect. Here are struggles only the banana generation will understand,
especially during Chinese New Year.
1. The only Chinese you can speak is Gong Xi Fa Cai
Beyond that, you're hopeless! And your family knows it. And this happens.
So..that was quick.
2. When wanting to eat something, you can't remember what it's called
Thankfully you can still point.
3. This is the time when you get ridiculed the most for not being able to speak Chinese
4. You pretend you understand what people are saying, but you don't
You nod. A lot.
And utter whatever that comes to mind.
5. You can't watch a classic Chinese movie without subtitles, because God-help-you
6. They laugh at how you pronounce words, and speak to you in English instead because they don't want to alienate you
Total mockery of you. This is your story.
7. You might feel ashamed and alone because you can't join in a conversation
It sucks being left out.
8. Conversations with you tend to end faster
They just don't want you to explain again, because they don't understand you.
9. When you try to say something, it actually ends up meaning something else.
Nail salons can be a dime a dozen if they don’t do anything to stand out. Exceptional service, a great location, or awesome products could set them apart from competitors. Salons have different target markets and offer many different experiences, but no matter where you go to get your nails done, you’re bound to see some of the same things. Read more
When discussing about the topic of ice breakers, it is most often recommended that you want to generate an ice breaker that will involve the other participants directly into the subject of the meeting or guiding session. But, these funny memes like questions are an exception to that law. Read more
A student’s life is a tough, arduous, stressful ordeal a lot of the time! You are just beginning to grow up for real, formulate your own opinion on things, figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life, and trying to have fun all at the same time! Read more