9 Struggles If You're a Banana in a Very Chinese Family During CNY
Feb 02, 2016 16:39
If you grew up in a predominantly or completely English speaking
environment, this time of the year is going to be tough for you since
there's a high chance your extended family is going to be speaking in
dialect. Here are struggles only the banana generation will understand,
especially during Chinese New Year.
1. The only Chinese you can speak is Gong Xi Fa Cai
Beyond that, you're hopeless! And your family knows it. And this happens.
So..that was quick.
2. When wanting to eat something, you can't remember what it's called
Thankfully you can still point.
3. This is the time when you get ridiculed the most for not being able to speak Chinese
4. You pretend you understand what people are saying, but you don't
You nod. A lot.
And utter whatever that comes to mind.
5. You can't watch a classic Chinese movie without subtitles, because God-help-you
6. They laugh at how you pronounce words, and speak to you in English instead because they don't want to alienate you
Total mockery of you. This is your story.
7. You might feel ashamed and alone because you can't join in a conversation
It sucks being left out.
8. Conversations with you tend to end faster
They just don't want you to explain again, because they don't understand you.
9. When you try to say something, it actually ends up meaning something else.
There is no denying that eating home cooked meals is better for your health than eating out. The problem is that most people think that making a meal at home is too hectic and takes time and it is a better deal to just order something. However, this is not the truth. Read more
The fashion industry is one of the fastest-moving industries out there, subject to change between the seasons and even within each season itself. As customers’ tastes change and our fashion choices develop, new trends come through and dominate the fashion world. Read more
Traveling is supposed to be a time away from home where you relax and treat your children to family fun. But it can be difficult to enjoy a relaxing vacation when you’re thinking about the costs associated with the trip. With your head filled with cruises, road trips and weekend getaways, it’s never too late to begin saving for some time away. The following are 6 unique ideas that will help make the saving process easier. Read more