Each generation can be defined by the gadgets, or technology that were in widespread use at that time. Here are some 21 of them coming from an era that may not be familiar to the younger generation these days. They've seen them, but only on the Internet....
1. Having enough change to make a call
2. Hearing "You've got mail."
3. Adjusting the antenna for a less snowy picture
4. This thing:
5. Searching library index cards for book locations
6. Searching through a heavy encyclopedia for your homework and research
7. Waiting for film to develop
8. Floppy discs
9. Getting your books stamped at the library
10. Old school maps
11. Waiting for a year for your favorite movie to be available
12. Looking at the newspapers for movie times
13. Playing these games
14. A rotary phone.
15. Early projectors
16. Recording your favorite songs off the radio
17. Recording TV programs
18. TV guides existed back then
19. This stereoscopic 3D toy that made still images come to life
Whether you’re planning a vacation with family, a trip with friends, or even a solo adventure, then picking your destination is always the trickiest part of the planning process. If you’re considering staying at home in the U.S. for your next trip, there are still so many wonderful destinations to choose from, so it’s no surprise if you’re struggling to make up your mind when it comes to where to go. Read more
So here’s the deal: It’s a Friday and you just got your driver’s license. You’re around sixteen years old, maybe even seventeen and you’ve been driving under supervision with your mom or dad for quite some time, but now, you’re legally able to drive on your own. Read more
In life, there are a lot of different things that all feel inspired to do from time to time. Some will want to spend more time with their family, others will want to change careers, but sometimes, the things we know we should start to do go above and beyond that. Like giving back. Read more