Each generation can be defined by the gadgets, or technology that were in widespread use at that time. Here are some 21 of them coming from an era that may not be familiar to the younger generation these days. They've seen them, but only on the Internet....
1. Having enough change to make a call
2. Hearing "You've got mail."
3. Adjusting the antenna for a less snowy picture
4. This thing:
5. Searching library index cards for book locations
6. Searching through a heavy encyclopedia for your homework and research
7. Waiting for film to develop
8. Floppy discs
9. Getting your books stamped at the library
10. Old school maps
11. Waiting for a year for your favorite movie to be available
12. Looking at the newspapers for movie times
13. Playing these games
14. A rotary phone.
15. Early projectors
16. Recording your favorite songs off the radio
17. Recording TV programs
18. TV guides existed back then
19. This stereoscopic 3D toy that made still images come to life
When more sophisticated cameras like DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) became mainstream, almost everyone who has one wants to become a photographer. However, real photography professionals on photza.com know that snapshots are different from photographs. Lighting, composition and style are not learned overnight. Even those who possess the so-called eye for photography need more than passion and equipment to build a career in this field. So what do else you need to drop the amateur title? Photography courses. Read more
Ketones. The word is bursting out of celebrity mouths like popcorn as society embraces low-carbohydrate diets. Adherents believe that slipping into ketosis is a sign that they’re losing weight. Read more
The rise of social media apps, like Instagram, in the past few years was followed by an increased exposure of different businesses all around the world to large audiences. The app, which started as a platform for sharing photos, became a vital tool that allowed businesses to advertise themselves quickly, easily and virtually for free. Read more