Each generation can be defined by the gadgets, or technology that were in widespread use at that time. Here are some 21 of them coming from an era that may not be familiar to the younger generation these days. They've seen them, but only on the Internet....
1. Having enough change to make a call
2. Hearing "You've got mail."
3. Adjusting the antenna for a less snowy picture
4. This thing:
5. Searching library index cards for book locations
6. Searching through a heavy encyclopedia for your homework and research
7. Waiting for film to develop
8. Floppy discs
9. Getting your books stamped at the library
10. Old school maps
11. Waiting for a year for your favorite movie to be available
12. Looking at the newspapers for movie times
13. Playing these games
14. A rotary phone.
15. Early projectors
16. Recording your favorite songs off the radio
17. Recording TV programs
18. TV guides existed back then
19. This stereoscopic 3D toy that made still images come to life
Do you feel ready to welcome a new furball into your life, and into your home? While talking about owning a pet is a great idea, actually turning this dream into reality can provide a whole host of issues and problems that you might not previously have considered. Not only is getting a family pet a huge responsibility, but it can also generate costs and inconveniences, especially if your pet gets sick or you work long hours and need to find someone to help you take your pet out during the day. Read more
5 Tips to Save More Money While TravelingTravelling can get expensive quick. There are numerous easy ways to make travel more affordable, however. By creating a plan beforehand and being conscious of your spending activity, you can stay on budget. Read more
Nail salons can be a dime a dozen if they don’t do anything to stand out. Exceptional service, a great location, or awesome products could set them apart from competitors. Salons have different target markets and offer many different experiences, but no matter where you go to get your nails done, you’re bound to see some of the same things. Read more