15 A**hole Moments From "Love Actually," Making It a Terrible Movie
Dec 01, 2015 12:04
British comedies can make you forget that a lot of the characters in the show are actually bigger asses than their comedic demeanor make them out to be. Love Actually is actually a terrible movie. Here's why.
1. This guy. He lays the moves on his best friend's wife. Great guy!
2. Because earlier in the film, he tried being an ass to her and that didn't work at all for him.
3. This guy, who said, "Try my lovely nuts."
4. Is also the guy who said, "I'm Colin, god of sex." (Not.)
5. Harry, the boss, practically forces an employee to engage in sexual relations with a co-worker. Great boss!
6. Mia, always flirting with a married man. Adultery ftw!
7. Harry, the boss, buys Mia an expensive necklace.
8. But gives his wife a Joni Mitchell album. True love!
9. People keep calling Natalie..fat.
10. Karen says this to Daniel when he's mourning his wife.
11. The first thing Jamie says in Portuguese to Aurelia is to marry him. Smooth. Fastest way to get laid..?
12. Absolutely zero employer/employee boundaries.
13. Billy Bob Thornton is a womanizer in the show.
14. Erm, plus he's the POTUS.
15. And a bonus repeat of the guy who laid moves on his best friend's wife. Yes. This great guy again.
If you leave home for an office each day, you’re going to need to take a lot of items with you; a laptop, files, lunch, phone and accessories, makeup, wallet, even a spare set of clothes if you’re heading out to a bar or the gym when you’re done. So, a roomy work bag is a necessity. That work bag doesn’t have to be a standard leather briefcase, though. You don’t have to be the same as everyone else – these gorgeous alternatives will give you a fashion edge, as well as being perfectly practical. Read more
If you’re a regular gym user, you won’t have failed to notice how most – if not all – of the other people working out around you are listening to music. You probably do it too. What is it about music, though that makes a work out so much more palatable? What does it do to our brains – and our bodies – to help us push through? Read more
When I watched Field of Dreams, the quote I left that movie with was "If you build it they will come." Once the baseball field was built, the ghosts found it. When the World Wide Web was new, that was fairly true. Since the mid-1990's, there has been tremendous and explosive growth in the web. Consider for a moment: there are an estimated 612 million websites in the world, but only 185 million websites are active according to TechLogon.com. Read more