13 Truths Only People Who Have Swimming Pools Keep To Themselves
Nov 20, 2015 10:59
Who doesn't like owning a pool? It's like the perfect symbol of relaxation and a sign you're almost there or you've made it. It's great for hot days. It's great for any day. Except, here's the kicker. You probably don't really use it that much.
1. You actually don't use it often
Before you had access to it, you told yourself you were going to use it a few times a week, every week. Now you use it once a month, if the pool is that lucky.
2. Maintenance is a bitch
Yep, the price of having your own pool isn't cheap. If you live in an apartment, you're actually also paying for the pool in your maintenance fees.
3. It's not exciting when someone asks you to throw a pool party just because you can
It's free for them. But you'll have to do the prepping and cleaning up.
4. Friends will invite themselves over during weekends to chill in your pool
And you're slightly glad because at least the pool will be used. But sometimes you just wish they left you alone.
5. People assume you're a great swimmer
Just because you have a pool.
6. Sometimes you just like to laze on a huge pool float, until it gets stuck at a corner of the pool.
7. Sometimes your friends come over and everybody swims, except you.
Because you're lazy and you can swim whenever you want, which so happens to be never.
8. When you first got the pool, you told everyone about it.
Now, you don't even mention it.
9. You have tried swimming naked
Because, hello, there's nobody around.
10. You've asked someone to get naughty with you in the pool
But never really follow through because.. chlorine.
11. Ironically, you swim more when you go on holiday than you do at home
12. You keep saying you need to go to the beach for a tan
Fashion is something that is forever changing and updating as time goes on, with new trends emerging and designers experiment with different looks. However, once you’ve found your signature style, you can have fun switching it up and adding new elements to your wardrobe. From quirky accessories to stylish garments, fashion is a fast-paced industry that means you can always get your hands on the latest trends. Read more
No one is a born rummy player. You play the game, practice it and perfect its nuances over a period of time to eventually become a good player. In addition to gaining your expertise in the game, you also need to develop certain qualities that set you apart as a good player from the rest. Read more
Do you feel ready to welcome a new furball into your life, and into your home? While talking about owning a pet is a great idea, actually turning this dream into reality can provide a whole host of issues and problems that you might not previously have considered. Not only is getting a family pet a huge responsibility, but it can also generate costs and inconveniences, especially if your pet gets sick or you work long hours and need to find someone to help you take your pet out during the day. Read more