13 Truths Only People Who Have Swimming Pools Keep To Themselves
Nov 20, 2015 10:59
Who doesn't like owning a pool? It's like the perfect symbol of relaxation and a sign you're almost there or you've made it. It's great for hot days. It's great for any day. Except, here's the kicker. You probably don't really use it that much.
1. You actually don't use it often
Before you had access to it, you told yourself you were going to use it a few times a week, every week. Now you use it once a month, if the pool is that lucky.
2. Maintenance is a bitch
Yep, the price of having your own pool isn't cheap. If you live in an apartment, you're actually also paying for the pool in your maintenance fees.
3. It's not exciting when someone asks you to throw a pool party just because you can
It's free for them. But you'll have to do the prepping and cleaning up.
4. Friends will invite themselves over during weekends to chill in your pool
And you're slightly glad because at least the pool will be used. But sometimes you just wish they left you alone.
5. People assume you're a great swimmer
Just because you have a pool.
6. Sometimes you just like to laze on a huge pool float, until it gets stuck at a corner of the pool.
7. Sometimes your friends come over and everybody swims, except you.
Because you're lazy and you can swim whenever you want, which so happens to be never.
8. When you first got the pool, you told everyone about it.
Now, you don't even mention it.
9. You have tried swimming naked
Because, hello, there's nobody around.
10. You've asked someone to get naughty with you in the pool
But never really follow through because.. chlorine.
11. Ironically, you swim more when you go on holiday than you do at home
12. You keep saying you need to go to the beach for a tan
If you leave home for an office each day, you’re going to need to take a lot of items with you; a laptop, files, lunch, phone and accessories, makeup, wallet, even a spare set of clothes if you’re heading out to a bar or the gym when you’re done. So, a roomy work bag is a necessity. That work bag doesn’t have to be a standard leather briefcase, though. You don’t have to be the same as everyone else – these gorgeous alternatives will give you a fashion edge, as well as being perfectly practical. Read more
If you’re a regular gym user, you won’t have failed to notice how most – if not all – of the other people working out around you are listening to music. You probably do it too. What is it about music, though that makes a work out so much more palatable? What does it do to our brains – and our bodies – to help us push through? Read more
When I watched Field of Dreams, the quote I left that movie with was "If you build it they will come." Once the baseball field was built, the ghosts found it. When the World Wide Web was new, that was fairly true. Since the mid-1990's, there has been tremendous and explosive growth in the web. Consider for a moment: there are an estimated 612 million websites in the world, but only 185 million websites are active according to TechLogon.com. Read more