13 Truths Only People Who Have Swimming Pools Keep To Themselves
Nov 20, 2015 10:59
Who doesn't like owning a pool? It's like the perfect symbol of relaxation and a sign you're almost there or you've made it. It's great for hot days. It's great for any day. Except, here's the kicker. You probably don't really use it that much.
1. You actually don't use it often
Before you had access to it, you told yourself you were going to use it a few times a week, every week. Now you use it once a month, if the pool is that lucky.
2. Maintenance is a bitch
Yep, the price of having your own pool isn't cheap. If you live in an apartment, you're actually also paying for the pool in your maintenance fees.
3. It's not exciting when someone asks you to throw a pool party just because you can
It's free for them. But you'll have to do the prepping and cleaning up.
4. Friends will invite themselves over during weekends to chill in your pool
And you're slightly glad because at least the pool will be used. But sometimes you just wish they left you alone.
5. People assume you're a great swimmer
Just because you have a pool.
6. Sometimes you just like to laze on a huge pool float, until it gets stuck at a corner of the pool.
7. Sometimes your friends come over and everybody swims, except you.
Because you're lazy and you can swim whenever you want, which so happens to be never.
8. When you first got the pool, you told everyone about it.
Now, you don't even mention it.
9. You have tried swimming naked
Because, hello, there's nobody around.
10. You've asked someone to get naughty with you in the pool
But never really follow through because.. chlorine.
11. Ironically, you swim more when you go on holiday than you do at home
12. You keep saying you need to go to the beach for a tan
Choosing the right dinner set for your home can be a tricky decision. If you have children, then you may need dinnerware that can stand up to the knocks and spills of everyday life. If you're the kind of cook who likes to be prepared, then you'll need a dinner set that's durable and beautiful enough to go from fridge to table in one go. Read more
Do you pride yourself on being a great friend? Do you love to be the person at work who everyone depends on? Can your family call on you no matter what? If your answer to these questions is yes, then you’re clearly the kind of person that enjoys putting other people’s needs before their own. Read more
When it comes to what teenagers like and don’t like, it can change every second of the day. This makes it incredibly difficult for you to keep up with the latest trends, styles and must-haves. Read more