15 Things You Swore You Wouldn't Do Before You Became a Parent
Apr 14, 2015 13:21
Everyone has had their own opinions and thoughts about how they would run the show when they become parents. Unfortunately, not everyone follows what they swore they wouldn't do before they became parents. Here are some pretty common stuff. Check it out below:
1. Give them your iPhone to distract them while you do something else but parent.
2. Let your house be filled with toys and toys and toys.
3. You swore you wouldn't let them throw tantrums in public.
4. You swore you wouldn't be that parent who constantly posts pictures of your baby. You swore!!
5. You said you wouldn't miss an outing with friends...but you're just too tired to go out now.
6. Your bed was off-limits before they came, but now that they're here, they've made permanent residence!
7. You swore you wouldn't let them watch TV, or too much of it.
8. Bargain with your kids. Your rule is no longer absolute!
9. Wipe their snot away with your shirt sleeve. It's okay.
10. Brag and talk only about your kids to anyone and everyone at every outing.
11. Not let them play app-games. The tablet is too alluring!
12. Not let them eat junk food because that's unhealthy. You swore this!!
13. You swore you'd calm-the-fuck down as a parent. But you're a helicopter one now.
14. You swore not to swear in front of them. Oops.
If you are living in an African country, you might have considered moving out at some point for better opportunities. One of the most popular options among Africans who have moved out of their respective countries is the USA. The land of opportunities has attracted people from a lot of developing countries in the past couple of decades. If you are also considering a move to the US from Africa and are eligible for immigration, then you must do complete research before relocating. Let’s have a look at a few things that you must be aware of before moving to the US. Read more
Many of us spend part of our lives trying to avoid unplanned pregnancies and believe that when we are ready to conceive, this will happen without any difficulties. We tend to think that the shift from pregnancy prevention to birth and birth planning will be relatively smooth and pleasant. Thus, the inability of some women to get pregnant becomes a serious stress that can cause chaos in the relationship even of definitely strong couples. Read more