Cara Delevingne Set to Dominate 2013 New York Fashion Week
Sep 05, 2013 19:27
The New York Fashion Week has just begun, and there's one face everyone's looking out for - Cara Delevingne. She's been said to be the hottest British model to emerge since Kate Moss.
Delevingne is only 21 years old, and just like Moss, she's had her share of controversy. She was criticized after conspicuously dropping what appeared to be a bag of white powder this year, but still, her career has just been on a high.
She's expected to dominate NYFW this year, and here are some things you might not have known about her:
1. She was born in London, England in 1992.
2. Cara has famous relatives: her grandfather, Sir Jocelyn Stevens, was a prominent newspaper executive and the chairman of English Heritage. Her sister is model and socialite Poppy Delevingne.
3. Her first modeling job began when she was a little girl, in Cadbury chocolate ads.
4. She started to make a mark in the fashion world when she appeared in Burberry and H&M campaigns in 2011.
5. Cara is known for her bushy eyebrows, which have become iconic in England.
6. Last year, Cara walked for Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi, Stella McCartney, and more. British Vogue dubbed her the "star face" of the season.
7. She played a small part in the film adaptation of Anna Karenina, which starred fellow Brit, Keira Knightly.
8. She walked in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, modeling the Pink line for teens.
9. Her best friend is songstress and fellow Brit Rita Ora.
10. H&M dropped her after she became embroiled in the controversy surrounding the bag of white powder she dropped in front of paparazzi.
11. She's just landed her first leading role in the British film "Kids In Love."
On the off chance that given the decision, we're almost certain nobody would pick to be in a long distance relationship. Without a doubt, non-appearance influences the heart to become fonder, yet we're calling bullsh*t on that one: being separated from the individual you adore is hard. What's more, to influence it to work - and keep it a sound, useful and sexual, you need to invest effort, responsibility and well, get somewhat innovative. Read more
Life is a precious gift, but it’s all too easy to take it for granted. We assume we’re going to wake up each morning, and may have grievances about our work, or our neighbors, or the weather. We worry about things that we have no control over. All of these things may mean we’re not taking opportunities that are presented to us and we’re not living life to the full because we’re always looking for the negative. Read more
If you have decided to start your own home business, then you will be looking for ways to get your name out there and promote your business. However, because you are home-based, you don’t have any physical stores where you can promote your brand. However, there are still a few ways that you can get your company noticed by customers. Read more