That's right - hammer pants have hit the high-fashion runways and the streets of New York. The baggy, parachute-style pants made famous by MC Hammers are said to be the next big thing - only now they're disguising it as "Harem pants".
Suze Yalof Schwartz, executive fashion editor at large for Glamour magazine says: "You're going to be seeing them everywhere. We've seen them on Ralph Lauren's runway, on Michael Kors' runway, Jill Stuart. Everyone is doing it."
This goes to show that all these high-end designers can simply stuff awful fads down our throats and make us believe it's "fashionable". The only difference with "Harem pants" and Hammer pants is how they're worn, and the fabric used to make them.
That being said, the pants are believed to be a "fashion statement" piece, and really, there are rules to wearing them and pulling it off:
- You don't have to be model thin to wear harem pants. You just need to pair them with the right top and accessories.
- Women should dress up harem pants with high heels and a tailored top. Stay away from anything bulky on top.
- Men should dress down harem pants with sneakers and a T-shirt.
- Don't over-accessorize! Think of the pants themselves as a statement piece.
- The long version of harem pants looks best on most people. Stay away from the Capri or short versions.
- Choose solid fabrics over prints, which can look a little too retro.
When it comes to tableware, we could see that most of the people are handling over the products based on the prices and styles which are involved in it. Well, it is such a common thing where we can witness among most of the people. Read more
Every year, it is a mystery of what to give your girlfriend for Christmas. It is a real task, as she is not that confused, but you are most of the time clueless as to what to get her. Given below are some of the merry, modern and still evergreen Christmas gift ideas for your girl – you don’t have to be clueless anymore. Read more