16-year-old Taylor Momsen has landed the cover of Teen Vogue's September issue, and in an interview, the actress - known as Gossip Girl's Little J - says some things which leave us wondering if she's going to turn out alright.
Some teen stars grow up unaffected much by their lifestyle; others have meltdowns, drug or alcohol problems. So which will Taylor turn out to be?
The teen has her own band, Pretty Reckless, but is that all too much too soon? Here, we have five quotes from her interview which lead us to wonder if she's headed for trouble:
1. Hints she was forced into the spotlight. "I kind of grew up in front of the camera: I started modeling when I was two. I was never pushed into it, but I never really chose it either."
2. Possible attention problems. "I found [high school] kind of boring [She finished two years early]. I'm an artist; I'm not going to use trigonometry.
3. A somewhat false sense of security. "I'm taking college classes online - I want to major in Language Arts...For most people, college is a place where you learn about yourself, and I feel like I'm doing that already. I'm already independent."
4. A lack of friends. "I have such trust complexes. I'm close to like two people. I've always been like that. People misinterpret what I say all the time: They think I'm being offensive, when really, I'm only being opinionated."
5. She's into older guys. "I'm not dating anyone right now, but I've had lots of relationships. My parents know that I'm not going to date someone who's sixteen. Boys are so much less mature than girls as it is; there's just no way - I would eat a boy my age alive."
But to keep positive, Momsen says she really enjoys working on Gossip Girl and says her parents trust her (she was turned down for the role of Hannah Montana when she was nine - which mean's she's never posed draped in a sheet for Vanity Fair as Miley Cyrus id). So maybe she will turn out alright.
On the off chance that given the decision, we're almost certain nobody would pick to be in a long distance relationship. Without a doubt, non-appearance influences the heart to become fonder, yet we're calling bullsh*t on that one: being separated from the individual you adore is hard. What's more, to influence it to work - and keep it a sound, useful and sexual, you need to invest effort, responsibility and well, get somewhat innovative. Read more
Life is a precious gift, but it’s all too easy to take it for granted. We assume we’re going to wake up each morning, and may have grievances about our work, or our neighbors, or the weather. We worry about things that we have no control over. All of these things may mean we’re not taking opportunities that are presented to us and we’re not living life to the full because we’re always looking for the negative. Read more
If you have decided to start your own home business, then you will be looking for ways to get your name out there and promote your business. However, because you are home-based, you don’t have any physical stores where you can promote your brand. However, there are still a few ways that you can get your company noticed by customers. Read more