16-year-old Taylor Momsen has landed the cover of Teen Vogue's September issue, and in an interview, the actress - known as Gossip Girl's Little J - says some things which leave us wondering if she's going to turn out alright.
Some teen stars grow up unaffected much by their lifestyle; others have meltdowns, drug or alcohol problems. So which will Taylor turn out to be?
The teen has her own band, Pretty Reckless, but is that all too much too soon? Here, we have five quotes from her interview which lead us to wonder if she's headed for trouble:
1. Hints she was forced into the spotlight. "I kind of grew up in front of the camera: I started modeling when I was two. I was never pushed into it, but I never really chose it either."
2. Possible attention problems. "I found [high school] kind of boring [She finished two years early]. I'm an artist; I'm not going to use trigonometry.
3. A somewhat false sense of security. "I'm taking college classes online - I want to major in Language Arts...For most people, college is a place where you learn about yourself, and I feel like I'm doing that already. I'm already independent."
4. A lack of friends. "I have such trust complexes. I'm close to like two people. I've always been like that. People misinterpret what I say all the time: They think I'm being offensive, when really, I'm only being opinionated."
5. She's into older guys. "I'm not dating anyone right now, but I've had lots of relationships. My parents know that I'm not going to date someone who's sixteen. Boys are so much less mature than girls as it is; there's just no way - I would eat a boy my age alive."
But to keep positive, Momsen says she really enjoys working on Gossip Girl and says her parents trust her (she was turned down for the role of Hannah Montana when she was nine - which mean's she's never posed draped in a sheet for Vanity Fair as Miley Cyrus id). So maybe she will turn out alright.
Celebrities love wearing wide-leg pants, because they are comfortable and fashionable. Actually, these pants are a classic clothing item that can get you out of trouble on multiple occasions, when you do not know what to wear. People are usually associating the wide-leg pants with the hippie trend. But they can be worn for multiple events, not only at a beach party. When it comes to wide-leg pants, it is crucial to find a pair that compliments your hips and waist. Read more
The sea has a romantic appeal that is hard to experience elsewhere. Setting sail aboard a luxury liner on the high seas can be one of the most fulfilling experiences. And there can be no better time than the year end vacation. The mood of festivities in the air and the lengthy vacation are probably the best time to take trip onboard luxury liners. And a destination that is equally appealing and thrilling like the North Pole will take the vacation to the next level. Here is how you can make the most of your vacation. Read more
If you’ve dreamt of becoming an artist ever since you were young, it’s not too late. You may be thinking you have no idea where to start. That’s normal with any career, but especially with the art world. Read more