- to get rid of the leftover cooking smells, warm the oven and put orange peel inside. Alternatively, you may put the peel on top of a warm stove.
Fighting the worst household odors
- stinky garbage disposal. Here’re three ways to resolve the problem (they can be used separately or together):
1. Spray some dish soap down the disposal, run a lot of water.
2. Run lemon rinds through the disposal, run the water.
3. Pour a cup or a half cup of baking soda while running warm water.
- dishwasher. Clean food scraps from the tub and run a specialized cleaning solution through a cycle. Clean the filter. Typically, bad smell doesn’t mean the appliance is experiencing any problems. Yet, when the parts get too dirty, they may stick. For instance, the bosch dishwasher e15 error can be caused by food debris clogging the system.
- bath towels. First, wash the towels using vinegar. For this, you’ll need to place the towels into the washer along with one cup of white vinegar and choose the program with the hottest water possible for your towels. After the vinegar wash, sprinkle half a cup of baking soda over the towels and begin another hot water wash cycle. When it finishes, dry the towels thoroughly.
- wooden furniture. Sometimes, bad odor stinks inside drawers. Wipe them with a cloth dampened with white vinegar. Pay special attention to every surface inside the drawers.
A lot of vacuum cleaners now come with scented cartridges and produce pleasant smell to before it is released to the environment. There is an excessive amount of decision! but I must say this website offering the best choices for these kinds of vacuum cleaners.
You can still notice the smell? Leave an open bowl with baking soda inside each drawer overnight. Alternatively, you can use small bowls with coffee grounds or cat litter.
If even this method doesn’t work, you still have another option. It’s time-consuming, though. The piece of furniture should be sanded down and resealed.
- carpets. Mix baking soda and borax with a couple of drops of essential oil. Distribute the mix over the carpet and leave for half an hour. Vacuum the carpet. If the smell still stinks, you may have to do this several times or try kitty litter.
- cigarette smoke on clothing and fabric can be removed during a machine wash with two cups of white vinegar (the water can be cold).
In case carpets, mattresses, or furniture smells off cigarettes, sprinkle baking soda on them and leave for at least eight hours. Now, you can vacuum them.
To remove the smell from the walls, wipe them with a cloth or sponge soaked in the solution of white vinegar and water (one cup of vinegar, one cup of water).
- food storage containers. Fill the containers with warm water, add a couple of teaspoons of baking soda and leave for at least eight hours.
How to keep the fridge smelling good?
For an impeccable result, you may use hydrogen peroxide. Place a spray top onto a bottle of peroxide and spay the inside of the refrigerator with it. Remove the liquid with a cloth.
For additional freshness, try keeping a container of activated carbon or charcoal briquettes at the bottom shelf.
Another option is a bowl of baking soda, which is known for its odor-neutralizing qualities (leave an open box and replace it every two or three months). Alternatively, you may try a few coffee beans.
Some people recommend using a lemon. You’ll have to replace it every 2-3 day, which may become quite tiresome. And if you forget to do this, the lemon will turn into a source of bad smell in itself.
Your outdoor space is important, it does more than providing you with the opportunity to entertain people. It can also be the best way to get some quality downtime or simply enjoy the long summer evenings. Read more
All kinds of festivals and parties are on the way! Most people decorate the house landscape they dream of, but they often ignore the side-yard. To create a festival atmosphere, with a small change, this neglected space can be as sensational as that of the roadside space. You don't need to spend a lot of time to refer to the various complicated methods, just follow this article to learn. Read more