What is the best decision if you need to create an additional living space in your house? Building a second floor and a new roof? No! Remodeling the basement is an affordable solution in case if you want to increase the amount of living space in your house. It may house a few bedrooms or become a recreation center for the entire family!
Natural lighting can be substituted with bright colors and a plenty of warm lamps. However, rebuilding a basement is quite a problematic process. You need to think of several obstacles. But with these tips, you will have all the instruments to perfect your basement living space!
1. Moisture Control. If basement walls are not sealed properly during construction, they will have a tendency to absorb ground water. As well, this process may stem from walls’ cracking due to settling or soil movement. This may result in high humidity to standing water. For the beginning, you need to repair leaks and take necessary measurements to prevent future water problems. You may also need to direct groundwater away from basement walls.
2. Framing. The main difference between aboveground and basement framing is that you have to consider moisture damage as a serious threat. Furring out, a process that involves attaching treated studs directly to concrete walls provides a frame on which you can hang drywall or paneling. Due to this, basement walls are usually constructed in place. Every stud should be measured, cut, and fitted individually after you install the floor and ceiling plates.
3. Ceiling. We recommend using a drop ceiling that features a grid and lightweight acoustical panels. They are easy to remove if you need access to electrical, plumbing, and ductwork. You will also need to attach extended framing beneath the existing joists to hold the weight of light fixtures or heavy vents. As standard drop ceiling tiles are 2-feet by 4-feet (which can overwhelm small rooms), you can order smaller tiles to improve the general look.
4. Plumbing. In most cases, the contractors make provisions for future bathrooms by installing plumbing “stubs”. Plan to locate a new bathroom over the stubs, which is indicated by a round closet flange set in the concrete to accommodate a commode, a 2-inch pipe that extends about a foot above the floor for the sink. There should also be a square filled with sand, which contains a buried drain for a future tub or shower.
5. Electrical and Ductwork. Electrical wiring, in general, is regulated by local building codes. Therefore, some areas will only allow a certified electrician to run the wires. Electrical outlets on interior walls of a basement install the same way as they do aboveground – by drilling through the wall studs and running wires to the outlets and switches. However, on exterior furred-out walls, you need to plan to run the wires along the ceiling joists, as the studs are flat against the wall.
Many people have little or no clue when it comes to choosing appliances for remodelling . They tend to think that home remodelling is all about spending money to get a new look for your home. That may not be quite the case . There are number of reasons why having such an ideology may get you spending more yet the end result null. When you are deciding to remodel there are factors you may want to put into consideration. For instance , your choice of appliance on home remodelling would give you a clear view of what you expect when remodelling your living room.Remodelling serves to bring a unique improve and appealing taste to your home.Remodelling should be done to suite the trend of modern home style . Some of the common feature of a modern home design like monochromatic wall setting and neat architecture line bring out the structural simplicity of a modern home style. Modern home designs focus more on the conspicuous art of work that is based on collar texture and lighting to achieve such a standard, I would recommend five appliance to consider for home remodelling when remodelling your living room namely : 1) coffee machine 2) fire place 3) carpeting 4) air purifier and 5) air cooler Coffee machineThere is nothing quite refreshing like a hot cup of coffee to kick start your day. Coffee machine would be one of the must have appliance to put when considering remodelling. Coffee machines come in different colour and design. You may want to consider the colour orientation of your kitchen setting to match the coffee machine. Coffee machine comes different size and design. When purchasing coffee machine it is advisable to consider warranty option in case of any default on the appliance.Fire placeMost modern home design have electric fireplace. Electric fireplace come in different styles. Some electric fireplace can be controlled remotely and some come with embedded insertion heater. When considering to purchase an electric fireplace insert instead of a new fireplace, you many want to consider type of material that comes with the fireplace inset . some have a metal frame while others have wooden frame. Your choice of fireplace should be based on the cost and power rating . electric fireplace insert review should give you a clue of what to expect from use of the appliance.CarpetingWhen it comes to the choice of carpet , colour texture and material quality should be put to consideration . the choice of carpeting on the living room should be woolly warm carpet with very rough texture. You should consider carpets that easy to clean and less conspicuous when trained. Carpeting should be put on a dry floor to prevent moss attack on the carpet.Air purifiersair purifiers improve indoor air that may be tainted by pollutants that may cause you allergy. Air purifiers come in different shapes and rating. Air purifiers should be fitted properly to avoid abnormal air congestion that may get the room stuffy. Maintenance of air purifiers should be done on monthly basis to avoid breakdown or improper working of the appliance.Air coolerAir cooler compress air to bring a cool and serene mood. They are fitted outdoor and serve to cool the hot air from outside and bring forth a refreshing feeling. Air cooler appliances should be purchased depending on the space of your living room and rating. Most people opt for cheap but the most credible action is to go for quality not quality.What the benefit to remodel your home?There are various reasons regarding why a property proprietor chooses to revamp their home. Toward one side you will discover mortgage holders who are redesigning their property for immaculate tasteful advantages – they need to upgrade their way of life. While then again we have mortgage holders who rebuild their home in light of the fact that their family is developing and they require more space for open to living conditions. Whatever the explanation for your home redesigning is, one thing is without a doubt and it is that the advantages of home renovating are hundreds. How about we concentrate on what the advantages of home redesigning are. Read more
If you watch home and garden shows, the default budget is thousands of dollars to redecorate a home, while large scale updates of a home cost as much as a car. And like the wedding shows that suggest you have to spend as much as you did on your new vehicle to have a wedding, they overlook lower cost options that still give you the home and life you’d like to live. Here are five low cost home decorating tips that anyone can implement. Read more
You are watching a film on the latest 4K television in your living room, relaxing on a timeless sofa that was recommended by a celebrity interior designer. You have a contemporary kitchen with all the mod cons, while the windows are configured in such a way to let in an abundance of natural light. Read more