5 Tips for Going Green and Getting Outdoors this Summer
Feb 16, 2015 13:05
Summer is just around the corner. You’re probably already planning everything you need and want to do once the weather starts to get better. In addition to planning summer vacations and spring cleaning you probably have a lot of outdoor projects you are itching to get done.
There are lots of ways you can be eco-friendly while enjoying all the fun of summer or working on your next summer project.
Why not help improve the environment while enjoying your summer with these tips for going green and getting outdoors this summer.
1. When you’re not using your pool keep it covered up. This will help prevent your pool water from evaporating, which means less filling up this summer. This saves you money and helps the environment.
2. Instead of buying your produce from the supermarket where much of it is grown using un-ethical methods, and it may be covered in harsh chemicals, consider planting your own herb and vegetable garden. Or take a stroll through your local farmers market where your money is not only being used to buy responsibly, but also to help your local economy.
3. If you do choose to start your own garden, consider building a compost bin. Composting is good because it keeps a lot of the trash that you would normally throw out from filling up a landfill. Composting is also great for the soil and will help make sure you have rich healthy produce. You can find all sorts of guides to build a compost bin quickly and cheaply online.
4. If you are working on cleaning out all the old junk you don’t need or use, have a yard sale. Yard sales benefit everyone. You don’t have to throw a bunch of stuff out that will just fill up landfills and possibly pollute the earth. You can make a little bit of extra cash for summer fun. And your neighbors can get a great deal on something they need instead of buying from a big chain.
5. Whether you are working on your garden, landscaping, or out exploring the countryside you should always stay hydrated. Instead of buying one time use water bottles and throwing them away. Buy a re-usable water bottle that will help keep trash out of the landfills and save you money.
If you are really serious about going green and improving the impact that your yard and home projects have on the environment here is a bonus tip. This is a larger project that may cost a little more than the previous tips but isn’t too expensive and is well worth the investment.
6. Looking to build a fence to keep the neighbor’s dog out of your garden. Or maybe you just want to make sure your kids can have a safe place to play
You could go with traditional wood or plastic fences, but these products leave a lot to be desired in terms of sustainability and reliability. Or you could go with composite fencing.
Composite boards are made up of recycled plastic, rice husks, and sawdust. They look great, but are more durable than real wood. They will not crack or rot. And their color is infused throughout the material so you never have to worry about painting them.
Composite fencing keeps its recycled product from filling up the landfills and saves on cutting down more trees, meaning cleaner air.
Many people have little or no clue when it comes to choosing appliances for remodelling . They tend to think that home remodelling is all about spending money to get a new look for your home. That may not be quite the case . There are number of reasons why having such an ideology may get you spending more yet the end result null. When you are deciding to remodel there are factors you may want to put into consideration. For instance , your choice of appliance on home remodelling would give you a clear view of what you expect when remodelling your living room.Remodelling serves to bring a unique improve and appealing taste to your home.Remodelling should be done to suite the trend of modern home style . Some of the common feature of a modern home design like monochromatic wall setting and neat architecture line bring out the structural simplicity of a modern home style. Modern home designs focus more on the conspicuous art of work that is based on collar texture and lighting to achieve such a standard, I would recommend five appliance to consider for home remodelling when remodelling your living room namely : 1) coffee machine 2) fire place 3) carpeting 4) air purifier and 5) air cooler Coffee machineThere is nothing quite refreshing like a hot cup of coffee to kick start your day. Coffee machine would be one of the must have appliance to put when considering remodelling. Coffee machines come in different colour and design. You may want to consider the colour orientation of your kitchen setting to match the coffee machine. Coffee machine comes different size and design. When purchasing coffee machine it is advisable to consider warranty option in case of any default on the appliance.Fire placeMost modern home design have electric fireplace. Electric fireplace come in different styles. Some electric fireplace can be controlled remotely and some come with embedded insertion heater. When considering to purchase an electric fireplace insert instead of a new fireplace, you many want to consider type of material that comes with the fireplace inset . some have a metal frame while others have wooden frame. Your choice of fireplace should be based on the cost and power rating . electric fireplace insert review should give you a clue of what to expect from use of the appliance.CarpetingWhen it comes to the choice of carpet , colour texture and material quality should be put to consideration . the choice of carpeting on the living room should be woolly warm carpet with very rough texture. You should consider carpets that easy to clean and less conspicuous when trained. Carpeting should be put on a dry floor to prevent moss attack on the carpet.Air purifiersair purifiers improve indoor air that may be tainted by pollutants that may cause you allergy. Air purifiers come in different shapes and rating. Air purifiers should be fitted properly to avoid abnormal air congestion that may get the room stuffy. Maintenance of air purifiers should be done on monthly basis to avoid breakdown or improper working of the appliance.Air coolerAir cooler compress air to bring a cool and serene mood. They are fitted outdoor and serve to cool the hot air from outside and bring forth a refreshing feeling. Air cooler appliances should be purchased depending on the space of your living room and rating. Most people opt for cheap but the most credible action is to go for quality not quality.What the benefit to remodel your home?There are various reasons regarding why a property proprietor chooses to revamp their home. Toward one side you will discover mortgage holders who are redesigning their property for immaculate tasteful advantages – they need to upgrade their way of life. While then again we have mortgage holders who rebuild their home in light of the fact that their family is developing and they require more space for open to living conditions. Whatever the explanation for your home redesigning is, one thing is without a doubt and it is that the advantages of home renovating are hundreds. How about we concentrate on what the advantages of home redesigning are. Read more
If you watch home and garden shows, the default budget is thousands of dollars to redecorate a home, while large scale updates of a home cost as much as a car. And like the wedding shows that suggest you have to spend as much as you did on your new vehicle to have a wedding, they overlook lower cost options that still give you the home and life you’d like to live. Here are five low cost home decorating tips that anyone can implement. Read more
You are watching a film on the latest 4K television in your living room, relaxing on a timeless sofa that was recommended by a celebrity interior designer. You have a contemporary kitchen with all the mod cons, while the windows are configured in such a way to let in an abundance of natural light. Read more