How To Prevent Clutter From Completely Taking Over Your Life
May 23, 2014 18:25
Everyone deals with clutter. We all tend to hold on to things that we no longer use for sentimental or "just-in-case" purposes. But if not kept in check, clutter can and will slowly creep in before completely taking over your life.
Here's a scenario: If your house was on fire, and all your family members made it out safely, what else would you want to save? Would you grab the broken microwave that you've been planning to get fixed; the chipped china collection you inherited but never use; or that stack of postcards you picked up from during a trip overseas more than a decade ago?
If your answer is none of the above, then you need to ask yourself why are they even in your home in the first place.
We understand how hard it can be to let go of sentimental items. A good option is to hire a storage company to store it for you to make room for new and better things to come into your life. If you're new to storage, it can be hard to know where to start, so here's quick guide to help you store your stuff effectively.
1. Always ensure that you have enough packing materials. Use good quality storage boxes that won't collapse to avoid losing things.
2. Wrap breakable things like china and glass piece by piece. Put the
heaviest things at the bottom and pad out corners and empty spaces so
nothing moves around.
3. For bigger items like furniture, take them apart first before stashing the screws and other fittings in labelled bags.
4. Always clean out fridges, freezers, ovens and food cupboards before you start packing. Make sure fridges and freezers are thoroughly defrosted and dried out. Remember to tape down any doors to prevent them from opening during the journey.
5. Always label your boxes clearly, preferably on the top and on the side. You can even make a numbered list so that you know exactly what's inside each box.
6. Choose a suitable site and size for your storage unit before contacting the storage company to make a
reservation. This will ensure that the unit you need will be available on the
day you move in.
7. Plan how you’ll move your stuff. For long
distance trips, choose a big enough vehicle to move everything in one
trip. For shorter journeys, you can plan several trips in one van.
Given the advancements that have occurred over the last few decades in the manufacture of industrial and commercial appliances, you should be aware that these particular items can provide a high level of functionality, as well as greater durability. Indeed, if you are looking to use a variety of different appliances on a regular basis, you should be aware that choosing a commercial or professional model can provide you with a number of advantages. One of the most significant benefits that you can enjoy by choosing from a variety of professional appliances for your kitchen or laundry is that they will be manufactured to a high quality as well as provide greater durability and a highly efficient service. Read more
Undertaking the process of renovating an old property can often be a way of making money. Indeed, purchasing an old building and carrying out a renovation on the structure can often provide you with the opportunity to make a considerable amount of profit. However, you should also be aware that undertaking a renovation project on an old property can often be time-consuming, while it is also hard work. In addition, if you do not have the relevant expertise or tools to carry out a renovation by yourself, then you may have to hire a building company to undertake the process on your behalf. As a result, you should be aware of the pros and cons regarding the process of undertaking a renovation of a particular building in order to generate profit. Read more
Log burning stoves will be a perfect addition to any room. That makes the products are now really popular among those who want to upgrade their interior design instantly. The stoves are not only efficient to heat your room but also attractive decorative items for it. But, with a lot of wood-burning stoves products available, you might feel overwhelmed to find the best one of your needs. Well, this page will show you an ultimate guide on wood-burning stoves. Read more