How To Prevent Clutter From Completely Taking Over Your Life
May 23, 2014 18:25
Everyone deals with clutter. We all tend to hold on to things that we no longer use for sentimental or "just-in-case" purposes. But if not kept in check, clutter can and will slowly creep in before completely taking over your life.
Here's a scenario: If your house was on fire, and all your family members made it out safely, what else would you want to save? Would you grab the broken microwave that you've been planning to get fixed; the chipped china collection you inherited but never use; or that stack of postcards you picked up from during a trip overseas more than a decade ago?
If your answer is none of the above, then you need to ask yourself why are they even in your home in the first place.
We understand how hard it can be to let go of sentimental items. A good option is to hire a storage company to store it for you to make room for new and better things to come into your life. If you're new to storage, it can be hard to know where to start, so here's quick guide to help you store your stuff effectively.
1. Always ensure that you have enough packing materials. Use good quality storage boxes that won't collapse to avoid losing things.
2. Wrap breakable things like china and glass piece by piece. Put the
heaviest things at the bottom and pad out corners and empty spaces so
nothing moves around.
3. For bigger items like furniture, take them apart first before stashing the screws and other fittings in labelled bags.
4. Always clean out fridges, freezers, ovens and food cupboards before you start packing. Make sure fridges and freezers are thoroughly defrosted and dried out. Remember to tape down any doors to prevent them from opening during the journey.
5. Always label your boxes clearly, preferably on the top and on the side. You can even make a numbered list so that you know exactly what's inside each box.
6. Choose a suitable site and size for your storage unit before contacting the storage company to make a
reservation. This will ensure that the unit you need will be available on the
day you move in.
7. Plan how you’ll move your stuff. For long
distance trips, choose a big enough vehicle to move everything in one
trip. For shorter journeys, you can plan several trips in one van.
It is vital to live in a beautiful environment since it directly impacts our mood, health and mindset. To achieve that, a lot of attention and care is necessary to come up with building designs that people will readily love. That is why experts – like those from Hoek Modular Homes - who design modern granny flats always come up with fantastic ideas with the aim of making home buying as well as affordable living a reality. Read more
Today, and thanks to the advancements in tech, we find ourselves working in the comfort of our homes. At times we’re forced to carry home some projects from work, or maybe we’re freelancers, and our homes happen to be the office. It’s usually fun working from home. However, we both know that choosing the furniture for your home office is often a challenge. Read more
It’s nothing unexpected that mosaics are a developing pattern in contemporary Interior outline as they can transform a space in exceptionally remarkable and unmistakable ways. Like canvases, they recount a story and bring out feelings yet they can be utilized as a part of a more flexible form. You most likely wouldn't stroll on your artistic creation, utilize it as a tabletop or place it in your shower, if you do, if you don't mind stop. Read more