Here is a short tutorial on how to connect a Xbox 360 to a Windows PC.
If you are still having problems connecting, it is most likely a firewall problem either with the software based firewall on the computer or the router's internal firewall.
Just to make life a little bit easier for you guys, here is a link of troubleshooting steps to get you connected if you are having trouble.
Since the firewall is mostly the issue when it comes to connection problems, you must open certain firewall ports for the connection to be enabled. Here are all the ports you need to open (NOTE: These ports have to be opened on the Windows firewall, not the router's)Port numbers are on the left hand side. You have to manually open these ports. ***INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OPEN THESE PORTS ARE LISTED BELOW THE PORT NUMBERS THAT ARE SHOWN BELOW***
2869 UPnP Framework TCP
1900 UPnP Framework UDP
10284 Windows Media Connect UDP
10283 Windows Media Connect UDP
10282 Windows Media Connect UDP
10281 Windows Media Connect UDP
10280 Windows Media Connect UDP
10243 Windows Media Connect TCP
To manually open a port, follow these steps:
1. Click "Start", and then click "My Network Places".
2. Under "Network Tasks", click "View Network Connections." (Or, right-click "My Network Places" on the desktop, and then click "Properties".)
3. Right-click the connection that you use for the Internet, and then click "Properties".
4. Click the "Advanced" tab, and then click "Settings".
***Note If the Settings button is unavailable, ICF is not enabled on this connection, and you do not have to open any ports (because they are all already open).***
5. Click "Add" to open a new port.
6. In the "Description" box, type a friendly name. For example, type File Sharing : Port 445.
7. In the Name or IP address of the computer hosting this service on your network box, type 127.0.0.1.
***Note You can specify the IP address of an internal computer. But you typically will use 127.0.0.1.***
8. In the "External port" and "Internal port" boxes, type the port number. Generally, this number is the same.
9. Click either TCP or UDP, and then click OK.
10. Repeat steps 1 through 9 for each port that you want to open.
Are you starting your own blog or a make a living via writing? Now It's easy to get a writing job on the freelancer websites for a beginner. However, lots of writers get confused on how to write interesting posts? Well, you need to keep in mind that what can make your writing becomes something fun to do is actually your freedom from restriction. Be out of the box and you do not need to always follow other bloggers’ rules. Well, here are some simple tips to convince you that writing a good post is not as hard as you think! Read more
When it comes to getting the best out of your MacBook, you want to make sure that your posture is right when you’re working. If you’re lying on the couch watching movies, this is not all that important. When you need to work for eight hours a day, it becomes essential. Read more