Powder coating is a paint application process that unlike the liquid paint does not require a solvent to be able to function. It has grown popular in the market as it is very durable and is mostly used in the automotive industry to paint items such as car rims for durability. It also has a variety of colours to give the equipment a cosmetic finish. It is also important to engage a good painting company to do the job as they first require removing all layers of colours and rusts that were previously there, in a process known as sandblasting. This is because for the powder coating to be done the surface needs to be extremely clean to give that long lasting and durable finish.
Benefits Of Powder Coating
• It is environmental friendly and therefore the chemicals do not cause a lot of harm that may lead to environmental degradation by ensuring that the process is done in a sealed environment and what is spilt can be collected for reuse.
• It is durable and has a long lasting finish in that it can survive severe weather conditions and harsh contact such as collisions without being removed.
• Another main benefit is that powder coating is helpful in resisting corrosion in that cars are usually rained on while in the parking lot and house hold items may start to corrode when there’s high humidity levels in the house therefore this powder coat will prevent the items from dealing with rust. Powder Coating Plus sand and media blasting services is one of the companies that is known for offering these services in the right way that will leave the consumer feeling satisfied.
• It creates a very uniform look because unlike wet paint you do not have to worry about wet streaks and bumps beneath the paint; every surface of the powder comes out looking smooth and even.
• The powder coating provides for variety of colours which are able to be custom matched according to the needs of the consumer. This is very difficult to achieve with wet paint as they cannot come pre mixed.
• It is diverse because a number of items can be powder coated for example hollow cavities which may be a bit tiresome or difficult to wet paint. As long as it can take an electric charge then the powder coat applies.
• It is also very economical as it takes less time to apply the powder coat and that translates in reduction of labour costs as the labourers are paid according to the time they spend doing the work.
• It has a good appearance as it adds the shine to the metal and usually has a cosmetic finish.
In conclusion, there are so many benefits to powder coating especially in the auto motive industry that will keep your machine looking good for a long time. You should therefore quickly settle for getting a powder coat for your car instead of paint for that durable finish.
Apeaksoft iPhone Transfer is the good transfer software for images, music, contacts, SMS, ring tones, books and extra from computer or iOS device to iOS device. It can also transfer those data between any two iOS devices, from iOS device to iTunes. Read more
From heavy vacuum cleaners that use paper bags to small, bagless, cordless units, advances in technology have dramatically changed how we clean our house. If you're one of those who hate getting tangled in power cords, then here are some ways to find your perfect cordless handheld vacuum cleaner. Read more