16 Not-So-Secret Google Hacks You Can Use To Harness Its Potential
Mar 13, 2015 15:02
Google hacks are aplenty, and here's a list of practical things you might just use when you're running a search for something. These hacks are actually quite useful, and could save you some time when you're looking for anything. Check it out below:
1. Get Google to do your math problems.
2. Convert currency and units.
3. Put quaotation marks in search term to search in exact order.
4. Fill in the blanks with an asterisks to get Google to complete your search
5. Search 100 years' worht of digitzed newspapers.
6. Put ".." in between two numbers to search within that range.
7. Search for a specific file type like PDF or Powerpoint by typing something like this: filetype:PPT
8. Add "intitle:" in front of your search to produce results with that term in the title of the webpage.
9. Search the name of the holiday and it will tell you what date it will be on.
10. Define a word by typing "define" in front, followed by the word.
11. Translate text to any language.
12. Include "anagram" in your search and Google will make anagrams for you.
13. Calculate your tip with Google's "tip calculator"
14. Search for "Books by" with the name of the author and Google will display all their works.
15. Set a timer by typing "set time for" and the amount of time you need.
16. Remove certain words in your search term by including a minus sign (-) to exclude them.
If you are looking forward to rank your website on top, you might have asked SEO experts a common question – how much time does it take to reach the top rank on Google? The answer is complicated and can never be definite. Read more
It is, without doubt, evident that SEO has had a massive impact in the internet world today, so much that emerging website owners are already informed on techniques like keyword SERP tracking to give the ultimate SEO value to their site. Additionally, useful tools have come up, such as the social network checker that allows web owners, bloggers, small business owners as well as large enterprises check whether the content they share on social media have an impact on their overall digital marketing strategy, and it is affecting the overall ranking of their sites. Read more
Demand for 3D printing has exploded in recent years with hundreds of new 3D printer producers being developed to help meet this huge growth in demand. So, who are the new trailblazers in the industry? We take a look at the top five manufacturers of 3D printers, who are set to shape the industry with new products and innovations. Read more