Pirate Bay Trial Watch Day 5: OMG, Is This Happening IRL?
Feb 23, 2009 13:25
The torrent trial of the century continues, and today, there are some pretty shocking revelations about just how much the prosecution knows. Is that a tinge of remorse I hear from The Pirate Bay dudes?
• The Pirate Bay's Peter Sunde (aka brokep) doesn't like copyright! "I like things that are not protected by copyright, this is a non-issue."
• The prosecutor knows the secret code for talking on the internets! "When did you meet [Gottfrid] for the first time IRL?" The judge asks, "IRL?" The prosecutor, being with it, coolly informs the judge it means "in real life," sucka.
• Oh snap, maybe he doesn't! The Pirate Bay's Peter responds, "We do not use the expression IRL." No, everything is in real life. We use AFK—away from keyboard." This makes for a sad prosecutor: "It seems I am a little bit out of date."
• The prosecution's mind is blown by the chaotic, free-wheeling way TPB is run as they try to divine who's really in charge : "Someone must ultimately decide whether to put up a certain text or graphic." TPB's Fredrik Neij replies, "Why? If someone believes a new text is needed, he just inputs it. Or if a graphic is ugly, someone makes a better one. The one who wants to do something just does it."
• Peter got a lot of weird motivational email from their advertiser, kind of like everyone at Giz gets a lot of weird motivational email from Blam.
•The BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: What is the real purpose of TPB? Peter's response: "It is to enable users to share their material with others." Even copyrighted stuff? "That can sometimes be the sad consequences," Peter replied. Is that remorse I hear? Oscar-worthy acting?
Running your business can be overwhelming at times. You want to make sure your employees are present, that payment options are easy and seamless for clients, and you want your database marketing to be on point at all times. Is there a piece of equipment that can run your credit card processing while also helping you store your database marketing ideas? Yes, there is. The Clover pos systems by Merchant Account Solutions offer you a great way to run your company from the palm of your hand. Read more
Lots of people are focused on how we're going to escape our planet. They want to colonize another world because it's only a matter of time before earth becomes uninhabitable. Maybe they're getting too far ahead of themselves and they should be focusing their efforts on something else. Read more
Quite a lot of people started making a living off Youtube recently. As Youtube has started accommodating video-makers to a greater extent, it has become more commercial. From Vlogs to tutorials, you can find channels producing every kind of content for their fans. Read more