Pirate Bay Trial Watch Day 5: OMG, Is This Happening IRL?
Feb 23, 2009 13:25
The torrent trial of the century continues, and today, there are some pretty shocking revelations about just how much the prosecution knows. Is that a tinge of remorse I hear from The Pirate Bay dudes?
• The Pirate Bay's Peter Sunde (aka brokep) doesn't like copyright! "I like things that are not protected by copyright, this is a non-issue."
• The prosecutor knows the secret code for talking on the internets! "When did you meet [Gottfrid] for the first time IRL?" The judge asks, "IRL?" The prosecutor, being with it, coolly informs the judge it means "in real life," sucka.
• Oh snap, maybe he doesn't! The Pirate Bay's Peter responds, "We do not use the expression IRL." No, everything is in real life. We use AFK—away from keyboard." This makes for a sad prosecutor: "It seems I am a little bit out of date."
• The prosecution's mind is blown by the chaotic, free-wheeling way TPB is run as they try to divine who's really in charge : "Someone must ultimately decide whether to put up a certain text or graphic." TPB's Fredrik Neij replies, "Why? If someone believes a new text is needed, he just inputs it. Or if a graphic is ugly, someone makes a better one. The one who wants to do something just does it."
• Peter got a lot of weird motivational email from their advertiser, kind of like everyone at Giz gets a lot of weird motivational email from Blam.
•The BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: What is the real purpose of TPB? Peter's response: "It is to enable users to share their material with others." Even copyrighted stuff? "That can sometimes be the sad consequences," Peter replied. Is that remorse I hear? Oscar-worthy acting?
Cryptocurrencies have opened up a whole new world of opportunities in the financial markets. They have been touted as the currency of the future. This new form of currency has already permeated the market, and many smart traders are making a pretty penny off the different types of cryptocurrencies. As you are aware, traders who invested in Bitcoin back in 2009 got ROIs thousands of times their initial investments. You, too, should consider taking advantage of the cryptocurrency craze. Read more
Color photographs appeared in the middle of the XIX century but were available only to a very narrow privileged circle of people. Therefore, it is normal if the family stores black and white photographs of relatives of those years. Many even like to review them again and again as old cards can awaken special feelings and memories, transfer through time. Read more
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of optimizing websites in order to achieve better results and higher ranks in search engine results. Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing depend on certain algorithms that help rank websites according to the way they have been optimized for readers and viewers. Read more