Pirate Bay Trial Watch Day 5: OMG, Is This Happening IRL?
Feb 23, 2009 13:25
The torrent trial of the century continues, and today, there are some pretty shocking revelations about just how much the prosecution knows. Is that a tinge of remorse I hear from The Pirate Bay dudes?
• The Pirate Bay's Peter Sunde (aka brokep) doesn't like copyright! "I like things that are not protected by copyright, this is a non-issue."
• The prosecutor knows the secret code for talking on the internets! "When did you meet [Gottfrid] for the first time IRL?" The judge asks, "IRL?" The prosecutor, being with it, coolly informs the judge it means "in real life," sucka.
• Oh snap, maybe he doesn't! The Pirate Bay's Peter responds, "We do not use the expression IRL." No, everything is in real life. We use AFK—away from keyboard." This makes for a sad prosecutor: "It seems I am a little bit out of date."
• The prosecution's mind is blown by the chaotic, free-wheeling way TPB is run as they try to divine who's really in charge : "Someone must ultimately decide whether to put up a certain text or graphic." TPB's Fredrik Neij replies, "Why? If someone believes a new text is needed, he just inputs it. Or if a graphic is ugly, someone makes a better one. The one who wants to do something just does it."
• Peter got a lot of weird motivational email from their advertiser, kind of like everyone at Giz gets a lot of weird motivational email from Blam.
•The BILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: What is the real purpose of TPB? Peter's response: "It is to enable users to share their material with others." Even copyrighted stuff? "That can sometimes be the sad consequences," Peter replied. Is that remorse I hear? Oscar-worthy acting?
There’s a spreadsheet program that comes with the Mac Operational System which is called Apple Numbers. Actually, it’s a part of Apple’s iWork suite. This program crates files with data organized into rows and columns and may as well be provided with some graphs, tables, images and formulas. Rows are usually labeled with numbers while columns are labeled using letters. An Individual sell can be determined by a unique combination of both. Read more
Photo editing can be a cumbersome and time consuming job, but it's what makes the end product even more stunning. To do this, there are tons of software that allow you to work on your material anywhere without the new of installing it on your computer. Today, we review Fotophire - the latest and also complete photo editing toolkit you can access on the cloud. Check out what we think about it and how you can use it for your photo works. Read more
Just as templates have made it a lot easier to design your web pages and build your websites, there are times when this wide array of templates makes you overwhelmed and confused and for several days together you keep staring at them unable to decide which to select and work upon. Read more