22 Examples of How The French Couldn't Predict The Future Back in 1900
Jun 17, 2014 15:22
These images were drawn by Jean-Marc Côté and other French artists. They were to be used in cigarette and cigar boxes for the 1900 World Exhibition in Paris. Needless to say, they were pretty far off on all their predictions of the future. Some of them are hilarious too!
1. Aerial Battles or What a Slow Way To Die
2. Correspondence Cinema or FaceTime Version 0
3. Auto Rollers - Inline Skates! 1
4. Air Ships Or Hybrid Vehicles!
5. Air Hunters or Birds can't fly away now.
6. Whale Buses or The Best Way to Travel by Sea.
7. Underwater Croquet should have existed.
8. The Torpedo Plane or Are Those Wings?
9. Madame at her Toilette or Best Dame Toilet in The World!
10. A Monster of the Abyss or Super Mario version 0.
14. Aviation Police. Stop! In the name of love and wine.
11. Brain Caps at School or The Matrix.
12. A race in the Pacific or Aquaman Exists!
18. Seahorse Divers or Ocean Segway
15. Fishing for Seagulls or What the heck?
21. Aerial Firemen
17. Electric Scrubbing or Roomba!
16. Easy Farming or Automation!
19. The new-fangled Barber
20. In hot Pursuit - New age-Police
13. The Little Eagle-Nest Robbers or The Weirdest Thing from France Today..
Ceres is designed around a Classic Sound, single tube architecture. The Dual-Triode tube amplifies the incoming signal which is then routed to the Class-A Solid State buffer to provide the proper power to drive a wide variety of headphones. User selectable attenuation and output impedance insure the best sound possible. Read more
How does going home to a clean and cozy house make you feel? After a long day and all the stress at work, looking forward to an orderly house with your warm couch while sipping wine or coffee, and eating your favorite food definitely sounds and feels like heaven. Read more
Success in recovering VAT can be achieved with accurate knowledge and practice. The process is complex and necessitates major investments in resources. Due to improper handling of the recovery process, many companies miss out on major savings. It’s essential to understand the areas, conditions and possible methods for recovery because VAT rules change constantly. Read more