Choosing the Right Earplugs to Prevent Swimmers Ears
Mar 28, 2019 23:37
There is no specific brand of the earplugs meant explicitly for a swimmer. They vary according to the preferences you will narrow down to when making the purchase.
There are many brands, and you can easily be overwhelmed. Due to the many earplugs out there, this article will help you come up with the best swimming earplugs putting into considerations all your preferences.
Earplugs from a Healthcare Professional
There are doctors specifically the ear, nose, and throat specialist that deal with the plugs. Getting them from a specialist can have the following pros and cons.
• They are specially custom fitted to your ear.
• The material can be superior and durable thus giving it a longer lifespan.
• They are washable and reusable.
• The specialist will give you the right plugs for your ears despite the size of your ear.
• They usually cost more considering that the plugs are easily lost.
• They are not convenient for replacement.
• At the time the young one will require adult assistance to place them accurately.
Age should be a high factor to consider when purchasing the year plugs. At times, the young one will use the plugs for two to three days, and they will never been seen again.
If your child is not careful enough, consider spending less on them because you are likely to buy them more often. Children tend to lose them because the plugs are clear, plastic and hard hence becoming impossible to find them when they come out.
There are different types of earplugs that you can get even in the local store.
1. Silicon Earplugs
2. Conical Earplugs
These are the types of earplugs.
1. Silicon Earplugs
The silicone earplugs are also considered as “Putty Type.” They are available in the local pharmacies. They look like colored balls are specific for children.
Below are the pros and cons of the silicon type.
• They are Inexpensive; thus replacing them will not be costly.
• No need to different sizes because one size of the plugs will fit all.
• They are brightly colored making them visible in the water.
• They are easy for the kids to put on unsupervised.
• The consistency makes substances stick on them making them unhygienic.
• They are not washable. You will throw them away after every use.
• The putty can come out in the year when the plugs are removed hence raising concerns.
2. Conical Earplugs
The conical earplugs are available or purchase over the counter. The plugs are available in different materials. Some are made of rubber or silicone. They can be challenging to make a description of how they look. They tend to pop out of the ear when one is wearing them.
The name of the conical earplugs is derived from the shape of the plugs. Conical earplugs have an accordion style and a cone shape. The plugs are pushed into the ear, and the flaps fold in and suck in the ear.
Below are the pros and cons of the conical earplugs.
• They are readily available in the local stores.
• They have a pocket-friendly price.
• They are washable hence becoming reusable.
• They are all sold in one size to fit every ear. The make of the plus makes them universal.
• They not only block water but block out too much noise giving them dual functionalism.
• They are easy to put on and also to remove.
• They are the most noticeable plugs because they pop out.
• The plug is not very attractive.
• They quickly lose the suction this falling out of the ear especially when in the water.
The ear bands comes hand in hands with the earplugs. The ears bands look like headbands and cover the ears to give a tight glove like fitting. They are advised to be used by children to help hold the plugs in place.
The ear bands will help the earplugs stay intact and not losing them in the water. To avoid buying the plugs all the time, buy the ear bands for your child since it helps the often losing of the plugs.
Earplugs for Divers
If you are a diver, you should get the earplugs that keep water out, equals the pressure in the ears and prevent barotrauma. These kinds of earplugs are known as vented ear plugs.
As a diver, get the earplugs that are specifically for divers because you are exposed to dangers such as rupturing of the eardrum. You should speak to an ear, nose and throat specialist to recommend you the vented earplugs.
In the market, there are different vented earplugs without any scientific information. They can be dangerous if they are used by divers.
These are earplugs that you should never buy as a swimmer. Though they are widely used over the counter, they cannot be used. The foam earplugs are used to block out the noise to prevent hearing loss but not water.
The article will help you when choosing the best earplug. Ears should be protected especially the swimmers because they are prone to having health issues. Narrow down your preferences and making the purchase after doing the research.
When a job keeps making people tired or stressed out, many feel the perfect solution to their problem is to change jobs, go on vacation or get another manager. But often, the real problem comes from poor nutrition than from a need to change the job scenery. Is it possible that a lot of your problems could be solved just by substituting a veggie snack for that midday candy bar? It may sound surprising, but a poor diet diminishes one’s quality of life. Therefore, it’s important to get the right nutrients for proper bodily function. Read more
Are you seeing signs that bed bugs are in your home? If so, you want to get rid of them quickly, but how? If you are like most homeowners, you have no idea how to remove bed bugs and you don’t even want to think about the pest in your home. For removal, your best bet is to hire a professional team of experts who have experience in removing bed bugs from the home using premium techniques and tools. The quicker you schedule an appointment, the faster the bed bugs will no longer be a problem! Read more
Often, the simplest parts of life can make the biggest impact on our well-being. Sleep is one of those simple, yet enormously important, aspects of life that plays a significant role in our mental, emotional, and physical health. Read more