Beforehand, what exactly is Eliquis? In the simplest terms possible, Eliquis anticoagulant can be described as an oral medication used to curb the undertaking of established clotting substances in patients.
What is apixaban?
Sold under its brand name Eliquis, Apixaban is an anticoagulant used to prevent strokes in atrial fibrillation patients. Atrial fibrillation is a heart rhythm disorder which could prove fatal if not taken care of properly.
Apixaban or Eliquis is also used on patients who’ve undergone a knee or hip replacement surgery in the prevention or treatment of pulmonary embolism (PE) or deep vein thrombosis (DVT). These medical complications cause or lead to the formation of blood clots in a patient’s lungs.
What is the recommended Eliquis dosage?
Eliquis dosage is administered depending on a number of factors including the patient’s medical condition, weight, treatment response, kidney function, age among other critical details. This is why you have to ensure that you inform your medical practitioner about all other products or medications you are on.
Either way, here is the standard recommended Eliquis dosage plan for the stated medical complications:
· Nonvalvular atrial fibrillation patients;
· The general dose is 5 mg administered orally twice a day.
· The dose drops down to 2.5 mg twice a day for patients whose:
· Weight is less than or equal to 60kg
· Serum creatinine is equal or less than 1.5 mg/dL
· Age is equal to or less than 80 years.
· Knee or hip replacement surgery patients
· The recommended dose is 2.5 mg twice a day. The inceptive dose should be administered within the first 12 to 24 hours post-surgery.
The treatment duration should be:
· 35 days for hip replacement surgery patients.
· 12 days for knee replacement surgery patients.
PE and DVT treatment Eliquis Dosage
Eliquis Dosage 10 mg twice a day is recommended for the first 7 days of administration. After that, the dose drops down to 5 mg taken orally twice every single day.
Above is the general Eliquis dosage for patients with different medical complications. However, you need to be very keen and consult your doctor before beginning the therapy or treatment. You also need to stay vibrant to avoid being issued a generic apixaban or an Eliquis generic that could do more harm than good.
Very IMPORTANT safety precautions
Here are some very important precautions that you have to consider before beginning your administration of Eliquis.
· If you happen to skip an Eliquis dose due to any reasons whatsoever, you need to take your dose as soon as you remember before resuming your routine. However, you should NOT, at any one time take an extra dose to make up for the skipped dose!
· Premature discontinuation of Eliquis administration increases the risk of thrombosis in a patient. If you have to stop this medication administration due to any other reasons apart from therapy completion or pathological bleeding, you need to consider covering the dosage with a different anticoagulant.
· For spinal puncture or neuraxial anesthesia patients under Eliquis administration, there is the risk of spinal or epidural hematomas occurrence. This occurrence could cause long-term or even permanent paralysis.
Factors that could aggravate spinal or epidural hematomas occurrence in patients include the following:
· A spinal surgery or deformity history.
· Using indwelling epidural catheters.
· Auxiliary use of relative drugs that usually affect hemostasis.
Ensure that you consult a credited healthcare provider or medical practitioner in order to ensure that the above content also applies to your personal medical condition. Remember that if not administered right, you could easily cause much more damage than good.
Dietary supplements are the cure for today’s nutrient-deficient bodies. It’s true: despite efforts to keep our nutrition in top shape, food is unfortunately not as nourishing as it used to be decades ago, due to soil depletion. Read more
There are many people who go on the Isagenix diet because they want to lose weight and see a difference in how they are going to fit into their clothes. Men and women alike can use these diets to change their lives, and it is very important to remember that most people who go on these diets are going to want all these benefits even if they did not think of them right away. Read more