Why hearing aids? 6 facts you must know about hearing aids
Mar 31, 2017 01:05
Hearing loss is a disturbing phenomenon being faced by over 5% of the world’s population of which 328 million are adults and 32 million children. Reasons for hearing loss are varied, it can be due to aging or because of genetic problems and birth defects.
It is not easy to live in the noisy world without hearing anything of it, daily routine can be highly problematic for the people with hearing problems. Hearing aids are the only answer for the people with hearing disabilities. There are many types of hearing aids with a varied range of automation being provided by companies like century hearing aids.
According to the report of US Department of Health and Human Services, only 20 percent of people who could get benefit from hearing aids actually use them. Researchers cite lack of knowledge about benefits; social stigma and cost problems hinder people from getting a hearing aid. Wearing them could be inconvenient in the beginning, but Hearing aids can be best companions once the user gets accustomed with the device.
Before purchasing hearing aids, it is good to have a better understanding about hearing aids and should be able to choose the one that suits one's needs.
1. The history and science of hearing aid: The first hearing aids were created and used in the 17th century; they used carbon transmitters to amplify the signals and are worn behind the ears. Hearing aids pick up the sound signal from outside reduce other noise and send the vibrations to inner ear enabling the brain to capture and understand the sounds. So it is clear that hearing aids are non-invasive and doesn’t change the ear structure but enable them to hear, which they couldn’t otherwise.
2. Avoids brain damage: Recent scientific studies have found that in the persons with hearing problems non-usage of hearing aids cause stress on the auditory lobe of the brain and may lead to damage of that part. This may finally lead to an irreversible hearing loss that cannot be corrected by using hearing aids. It is important to get diagnosed and start using hearing aids if necessary at an early stage of hearing loss to avoid the damage.
3. Need to buy a pair instead of one: When the person is suffering from hearing loss on two ears it is good to get a pair of earring aids at the same time. This helps the person to get accustomed to the coordinated use of hearing aids in both the ears. Having a single aid when the defect is on both the ears may cause imbalance and increase the hearing problem of another ear.
4. Technology makes it easier: With the advent of technology there are many varieties of hearing aids like Behind-the-ear (BTE) aids, "Mini" BTE (or "on-the-ear") aids, In-the-ear (ITE) aids, and In-the-canal (ITC) aids and completely-in-the-canal (CIC) aids. The technology used in these aids can be Analog or digital. Analog hearing aids amplify every sound it receives and some are programmable with a microchip embedded inside. This helps in programmed settings for different areas and stores multiple programs for multiple environments. Digital hearing aids have all the features of analog aids along with the complex processing of sound. Offers greater flexibility in hearing aid programming with automatic adjustment and is the mostly used.
5. Save money: The prices of hearing aids in the market are very high, making them inaccessible to people with lower income like retired population. This is one of the reasons for not getting a hearing aid even there is a desperate desire for hearing again. There are hearing aids suppliers like century hearing aids, who supply them at very low prices compared to other providers. Such companies provide discounts, offers and give away products for free as a part of their establishment values and philanthropic activities.
6. Maintenance: Hearing aids last for five to seven years and even longer if they are maintained properly. It is important to replace battery regularly to ensure a continuous working and sudden non-functionality of hearing aids. They should be removed while sleeping and bathing and should be stored in a cool and dry place. There can be a social stigma attached to wearing hearing aids that is the fear of being judged by people. Children with hearing problems are worried to wear hearing aids for the fear of being bullied by other kids. There are different varieties of hearing aids available in the market, invincible in canal devices are the best solution to this problem.
A defect can become a disability only when the person agrees to submit to it. One has to go on in life and experience every detail of the beauty that the life offers. One should not leave away the chance to hear again and should not be left out without socializing just because of a defect that can be fixed.
If you're ready to see a new dentist, there are a few things to consider first. You always want to make sure that the dentist you go to is a good fit for your lifestyle. You only get one set of teeth in your life. It's a good idea to keep them in the care of someone who definitely knows what they are doing. But there a few other factors that you would do well to take notice of. Here is a handy list of 5 things to look for when searching for a general dentist. Read more
Cannabidiol, also called CBD, is the chemical compound found in hemp used for several medicinal purposes including treatment of diseases and health conditions. CBD does not induce any of the psychotropic effects often associated with marijuana as hemp contains no THC, the compound responsible for the “high” of marijuana. Read more
When do you usually take a shower? Most people shower in the morning before they go to work. You want to feel fresh to start your day. However, when you arrive home at night, it is also a good idea to take a nice hot shower. Read more