10 Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil You Didn’t Know About
Jun 30, 2014 15:51
You might have heard of people using coconut oil to improve their health. But did you know that it could also be used for cooking and beauty too? It's high in saturated fats, it's antibacterial, and anti-fungal. It's also a medium-chain fatty acid that can increase your metabolism and promote energy. Here are 10 things about this humble oil you might not have yet know about:
1. Moisturizer Dry skin? Coconut oil can be used all over the body and face. It's a great, all-natural moisturizer that doesn't cause your skin to be oily. It boosts collagen production in your cells and keeps wrinkles at bay.
2. Conditioner Just as it can moisturize your skin, you can leave coconut oil in your hair overnight or as little as 15 minutes to get its moisturizing effects for healthy, shiny hair. Shampoo, rinse, and style normally after using.
3. Natural deodorant Coconut oil can be used to eliminate odors when applied to the skin. The lauric acid in coconut oil kills odor-causing bacteria. 4. Speeds metabolism and weight loss Coconut oil is a medium-chain fatty acid (MCFA), also known as a medium chain triglyceride (MCT). It's a healthy fat without any trans fats. The fatty acid particles immediately make its way to the liver, increasing energy and metabolism, which yields weight loss. Start consuming a few tablespoons a day to get your body back in shape.
5. It has a high heat point You can replace vegetable oils with coconut oil for cooking, frying and baking at high temperatures. The oil doesn't oxidize and break down until 450 degrees Fahrenheit or 252 degrees Celsius.
6. Increases breast milk in breastfeeding mothers If you're breastfeeding, and aren't producing much milk, consuming coconut oil helps increase your milk supply, because healthy fats are a key component to hormone production, which increases milk production.
7. Mix it with coffee You could increase your consumption of coconut oil by replacing the cream in your coffee with coconut oil. It adds a slight nutty taste that is smooth and rich. It adds to your consumption of coconut oil to increase the uptake of vitamins and nutrients in your body, as essential healthy fats are a necessity.
8. Body Scrub Make your own moisturizing body scrub by mixing together equal parts coconut oil and sugar. Use it in the shower or bath to exfoliate for softer skin.
9. Speed healing of cuts and sunburns If you have a cut or are badly sunburned, use coconut oil with a drop or two of lavender oil to heal your burns so that your skin doesn't peel. Use daily on your skin and it will heal in a fraction of the time you're used to. Coconut oil promotes collagen production and repairs the skin cells.
10. Toothpaste Coconut oil has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, so you can mix it with baking soda and brush your teeth with it. Store in a container in a cool place, as coconut oil turns to liquid above 74 degrees Fahrenheit and 23 degrees Celsius.
It may seem that snoring is not a health problem. Maybe you think that it is just a habit. It can affect anyone, both men and women. What is interesting, snoring will only get worse with age, especially the intensity of it. Read more
When you are healthy, you tend to ignore your health. You feel energetic all the while and ignore medical tests. You feel that the boundless energy is sufficient enough to reveal your current health condition which is the best. Your energy only gives superficial idea of your health but not the true picture. Read more
The preservation of food has been essential to human history almost since the beginning of time. Before there were refrigerators and freezers, humans relied on smokehouses and salting to methods to keep meats fresh. Vegetables and other produce underwent drying to be consumed at a later date. Today, modern technology makes it easy for us to keep all kinds of food fresh with minimal effort. Read more