For advice on how to tone up your lower body, we'd recommend these
high-performance combos that help to simultaneously work more than one
group of your lower body muscles! Perform three sets of each movement
on alternate days to achieve a bikini-ready bottom:
1. Side Leg Lift This exercise targets: abs, thighs & butt.
1. Begin in a kneeling position, then lift and straighten left leg out to the side at hip level. Lean your right palm against the floor for support. 2. Pump the extended leg up and down for 20 counts. 3. Kneel upright with your extended leg in front of you. 4. Pump straight leg for 20 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg.
2. Back Kick This exercise targets: butt & hamstrings (back of thigh)
1. Lean forward on a low table, with with forearms on the table surface and feet shoulder-width apart. 2. Keeping left knee bent, kick left leg up and back for 20 counts. 3. Repeat with the other leg.
3. Step Ups This exercise targets: legs & butt
1. Place a step stool in front of you. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms folded across the chest. 2. Step up onto step stool with left foot, lifting your whole body up the step and position your right foot beside your left. 3. Lower your left foot back down followed by your right foot. 4. Continue this stepping and lowering for 40 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg leading the steps.
Our bodies can be embarrassing at times, particularly when things go wrong with them. Plodding off to the doctor and having to explain the issue can sometimes be worse than the problem itself! However you’ll be pleased to know that there are ways you can treat some things yourself, without having to visit your GP.* Read more
We've all been there — one or two drinks with your friends, turns into one too many. You go to sleep after having a great time, only to wake-up feeling as though you'll never recover. Once you finally get out of bed, you'll often reach for unhealthy snacks or crave a greasy breakfast — not that they help. Read more
Any fitness junkie will tell you that the key to getting in shape is to stay active. You can’t complete an intensive routine and then sit on the sofa for the next few days. Any strength or body muscle that you have built up will quickly revert to fat. This is why an injury can be so damaging. An injury can put you off your feet for weeks, unable to exercise. It’s due to this that you should avoid damaging your body at all costs. Read more