For advice on how to tone up your lower body, we'd recommend these
high-performance combos that help to simultaneously work more than one
group of your lower body muscles! Perform three sets of each movement
on alternate days to achieve a bikini-ready bottom:
1. Side Leg Lift This exercise targets: abs, thighs & butt.
1. Begin in a kneeling position, then lift and straighten left leg out to the side at hip level. Lean your right palm against the floor for support. 2. Pump the extended leg up and down for 20 counts. 3. Kneel upright with your extended leg in front of you. 4. Pump straight leg for 20 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg.
2. Back Kick This exercise targets: butt & hamstrings (back of thigh)
1. Lean forward on a low table, with with forearms on the table surface and feet shoulder-width apart. 2. Keeping left knee bent, kick left leg up and back for 20 counts. 3. Repeat with the other leg.
3. Step Ups This exercise targets: legs & butt
1. Place a step stool in front of you. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms folded across the chest. 2. Step up onto step stool with left foot, lifting your whole body up the step and position your right foot beside your left. 3. Lower your left foot back down followed by your right foot. 4. Continue this stepping and lowering for 40 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg leading the steps.
Getting into a tub of ice sounds excruciating, but since ice can reduce inflammation and lessen joint pain, that means it could benefit those with super sore muscles. Studies have also shown that prolonged exposure to cold can activate brown
fat, which will help burn the white fat in your body, helping to keep
you slim. Read more
Wheat bread used to be considered the best pick for healthier sandwiches. But with the arrival offortified breads, health experts agree that even the white variety can provide near-equal health benefits of wheat. Here's why. Read more
Yoga is supposed to be that two-in-one exercise that can calm your mind and give you the exercise your body needs. Yet it can be pretty stressful at the same time. For one, there's the accidental farting thing. Then there's that humanistic fear of not being able to stretch as well as your classmates. Read more