For advice on how to tone up your lower body, we'd recommend these
high-performance combos that help to simultaneously work more than one
group of your lower body muscles! Perform three sets of each movement
on alternate days to achieve a bikini-ready bottom:
1. Side Leg Lift This exercise targets: abs, thighs & butt.
1. Begin in a kneeling position, then lift and straighten left leg out to the side at hip level. Lean your right palm against the floor for support. 2. Pump the extended leg up and down for 20 counts. 3. Kneel upright with your extended leg in front of you. 4. Pump straight leg for 20 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg.
2. Back Kick This exercise targets: butt & hamstrings (back of thigh)
1. Lean forward on a low table, with with forearms on the table surface and feet shoulder-width apart. 2. Keeping left knee bent, kick left leg up and back for 20 counts. 3. Repeat with the other leg.
3. Step Ups This exercise targets: legs & butt
1. Place a step stool in front of you. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms folded across the chest. 2. Step up onto step stool with left foot, lifting your whole body up the step and position your right foot beside your left. 3. Lower your left foot back down followed by your right foot. 4. Continue this stepping and lowering for 40 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg leading the steps.
Summer is just around the corner, and everyone wants to have a killer body. But, losing weight is one of those things that can be tough for us mere mortals. We don’t have an army of personal trainers. We like to eat all the things that are ‘bad’ for us. It’s time to put fitness into perspective. If you want to lose weight and look fabulous this summer, there are some brilliant ways that you can do this. Read more
Elle Macpherson not only beautiful but also an inspiring woman with a passion for wellness. She has launched her new bio-live super healthy drink, The Super Elixir, which is designed to improve the nutrition at a cellular level. Read more
Gemma Macpherson is a certified personal trainer, Elite1 Fit Gear ambassador, and NPC Figure Competitor. She has a fitness centre named Lean Kiwi Fitness where she helps her clients achieve their health and fitness goals. She was born in New Zealand, and moved to US with her husband to turn her passion into her career. Gemma has always wanted to become a personal trainer when they first moved to America, but it wasn't the right time for her as she had a lot going on. Check out for her photos below: Read more