For advice on how to tone up your lower body, we'd recommend these
high-performance combos that help to simultaneously work more than one
group of your lower body muscles! Perform three sets of each movement
on alternate days to achieve a bikini-ready bottom:
1. Side Leg Lift This exercise targets: abs, thighs & butt.
1. Begin in a kneeling position, then lift and straighten left leg out to the side at hip level. Lean your right palm against the floor for support. 2. Pump the extended leg up and down for 20 counts. 3. Kneel upright with your extended leg in front of you. 4. Pump straight leg for 20 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg.
2. Back Kick This exercise targets: butt & hamstrings (back of thigh)
1. Lean forward on a low table, with with forearms on the table surface and feet shoulder-width apart. 2. Keeping left knee bent, kick left leg up and back for 20 counts. 3. Repeat with the other leg.
3. Step Ups This exercise targets: legs & butt
1. Place a step stool in front of you. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms folded across the chest. 2. Step up onto step stool with left foot, lifting your whole body up the step and position your right foot beside your left. 3. Lower your left foot back down followed by your right foot. 4. Continue this stepping and lowering for 40 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg leading the steps.
This mom of 3 kids is really into fitness, and she has workout tutorials on her Instagram for you to follow. Check out some of her workouts here. We have listed down 10 workouts which you can follow. Be sure to follow her Instagram, too! You might be inspired on how she managed to lose all the fats after giving birth! Read more
Whether you're training for an event this year or are simply struggling to get your nutrition right for exercise, these are top 11 foods that runners need every week for good health and top performance. Read more
Injuries are common when exercising or playing sport, but the chances of sustaining an injury can be reduced with the right equipment. Mats can be put down in gyms and similar spaces, and these can absorb contact and allow people to train safely and with confidence. Read more