For advice on how to tone up your lower body, we'd recommend these
high-performance combos that help to simultaneously work more than one
group of your lower body muscles! Perform three sets of each movement
on alternate days to achieve a bikini-ready bottom:
1. Side Leg Lift This exercise targets: abs, thighs & butt.
1. Begin in a kneeling position, then lift and straighten left leg out to the side at hip level. Lean your right palm against the floor for support. 2. Pump the extended leg up and down for 20 counts. 3. Kneel upright with your extended leg in front of you. 4. Pump straight leg for 20 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg.
2. Back Kick This exercise targets: butt & hamstrings (back of thigh)
1. Lean forward on a low table, with with forearms on the table surface and feet shoulder-width apart. 2. Keeping left knee bent, kick left leg up and back for 20 counts. 3. Repeat with the other leg.
3. Step Ups This exercise targets: legs & butt
1. Place a step stool in front of you. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms folded across the chest. 2. Step up onto step stool with left foot, lifting your whole body up the step and position your right foot beside your left. 3. Lower your left foot back down followed by your right foot. 4. Continue this stepping and lowering for 40 counts. 5. Repeat with the other leg leading the steps.
It's official: skinny is out and strong is in. The latest health and fitness trend is one that is far less focused on aesthetics than previous ones. It's all about being fit and healthy, and to do with how you feel inside. Of course, if one of the side effects is that you LOOK fit and healthy too, even better! But more and more women than ever are switching up their gym routine to focus on gaining muscle, rather than losing fat. Read more
During the winter, the absolute last thing you want to do every evening is keep fit. If you’re a regular jogger or if you enjoy running, you’ve probably already taken note that this time of year isn’t as safe as the summer. Not only are the roads dark, but the surface of the sidewalk is a lot more slippery with wet fallen leaves – and soon there’ll be snow and ice waiting to trip you up too. Read more
Many people want to lose weight in a very short period of time, but are not always willing to put in the effort that is needed to lose the weight on their own. Many turn to cosmetic procedures to lose the weight, but those procedures do not always give them long lasting results, because they have not changed the bad habits that got them into the position that they are in to begin with. If you want to be able to lose weight and keep it off, use the tips provided in the guide that follows. Read more