In order to receive the maximum effects of a good power workout, it takes more to prepare for your training session than just eating before and after. Your whole day of consumption should be geared towards preparation and recovery from your workout. Scale down your calorie intake when you’re not training and increase your calories on the days that you do. However, the worst misdeed you can commit after a workout is not to feed your body.
PROTEIN IS KEY
You have probably heard it all before: eat more protein. But why is that? Well, depending on your goals, your protein consumption should be at least 0.9 grams per day-per pound of your body weight. If your desire is to lose or maintain your weight, cut down your calories, not your protein. If not, you’ll end up losing muscle mass. According to nutrition and dietetic experts, the standard active adult should eat between 0.55 and 0.8-grams per pound-per day.
FITTING THE CARBS IN
Don’t forget to eat carbs too. Carbs burn faster than protein, and they provide something vital during your training: energy. Carbs are vital for your glycogen supplies inside the muscle, which (especially during intense training); your body utilizes this as a key source of energy. In light of things, just make certain you eat wholesome complex-carbs, like beans or quinoa. Don’t let the sugar high fool you. You may get a rush in the beginning by indulging in a sugary snack, but you will be let down rather quickly.
5 RULES FOR EATING WHILE YOU EXERCISE
1. Eat plenty of fruit. It’s brimming with dietary fiber and keeps you regular as well, which is great for your digestive tract.
2. Don’t think meat is your only source of protein. There is protein in legumes, vegetables, broccoli, brown rice and other healthy dishes. Skinless chicken is not the be-all-end-all for a good dose of protein.
3. Forget about wheat. This isn’t just about celiac disease. Many individuals, up to a certain degree, have gluten intolerance. It may not seem too serious right now; nonetheless, gluten can eventually do a job on your intestines.
4. Eat raw vegetables. This is where most of the nutritional value is, and they don’t taste bad either!
5. Sure, you’ve seen the commercials and heard your parents tell you since you were a kid to drink milk. However, cows from non-organic farms could be ingesting loads of synthetic hormones that you should stay away from. Moreover, roughly 65% of people have difficulty digesting lactose, the sugar in milk, following childhood. As a substitute, try rice, oat, or almond milk. These three have much less impediments than cow’s milk.
IT’S OK TO INDULGE
Now that you have read about the “5 Things For Eating While You Exercise,” you have to allow yourself a bit of naughtiness. A candy bar from time-to-time is a welcome reward and just fine, and keep in mind that not all calories are alike. Carbs are fast fuel and your body can easily absorb them quickly. Proteins are another story and take more effort. The effort required for your body to process those calories would burn up to 30% of them (in contrast to 5% to 10% of carbs). Look at it this way, 1,000 calories of pasta is equal to roughly 920 calories; however, 1,000 calories of chicken will be only 700 calories. So eating protein is like training or working out!
Carbs are converted to glucose and along with it releases insulin. Insulin is what controls glucose; nevertheless, it also tells the body to store fat when there is an over abundance of the stuff. Less insulin spikes means your body will burn calories better. Of course, this does not imply that the effects of eating a candy bar will differ; however, if you follow-up with the right foods, it does help!
Have you ever wondered why your parents made a big deal about you wearing your own shoes into public showers at the pool or the gym? They must have known about a very contagious fungus called dermatophytes that can get caught underneath your nails causing pain, foul odor, discoloration and many other displeasing symptoms. Read more
A woman’s hair is her biggest asset; it is her crowning glory. The same case is true for men. No one would want to walk around with a dull, dry hair. Everyone would want to have a healthy and beautiful hair that enhances their physical attractiveness. Read more
Every athlete and bodybuilder has an objective – to add strength and power to their muscles as they increase in mass. Apart from buying injectable steroids online at steroidsfax.com, taking them as recommended, and eating a good diet, the gym is crucial, and one should visit a couple of times a week if not daily. Read more