5 Tips to Losing Weight Easily When You're Not Working Out
Mar 20, 2014 07:11
Losing weight takes a lot of effort and discipline. But here are five ways you can lose weight without trying too hard. Of course, if you throw exercise into the mix you'll lose weight even quicker!
1. Have a glass of water before each meal: You'll stay hydrated and feel fuller instantly, which helps prevent overeating.
2. Make a few simple swaps at every meal: Choosing a vinaigrette dressing over creamier options like Green Goddess dressing can save you 80 calories, while opting for fresh fruit instead of dried can save you dozens more.
3. Eat dark chocolate for dessert: Satisfy your sugar craving with a piece of dark chocolate. It may not feel as satisfying the first few times, but as you wean yourself off of excessive amounts of sugar, you're not only saving calories, you're also enjoying a healthier but still decadent treat.
4. Stick to portion control: Stick to the right portions at every meal. Measure out snacks instead of eating them straight from the bag. Use smaller plates to trick your mind into thinking smaller portions are more substantial, and store leftovers immediately after a meal so you're not tempted to have seconds.
5. Just move more: Time may not be on your side, but you can still burn a few extra calories by moving a little more throughout the day. Take breaks to walk around the office, opt for the stairs instead of the elevator, and park a little farther from your office entrance to increase your calorie burn.
It is said losing weight is not easy but to be true building lean muscle mass is not easy. When the body is comfortable and you won’t do anything to shake things up achieving a lean and muscular body is a distant dream. Read more
In order for a weight loss program to work, it needs to have reasonable goals, be sustainable, and, perhaps most importantly, be something that you would at least somewhat enjoy doing. In essence, a weight loss program should not just be a temporary fix; it needs to become a way of life. If it is just a temporary change, you will end up regaining the weight you worked so hard to lose as soon as the program is “over.” Read more
You can get fit and lose weight without putting yourself through torture or extreme discomfort. While some go through a grueling and nightmarish routine of eating foods they hate or starving themselves, you can improve your current health and shed extra pounds by following the 7 simple tips that we offer. Read more