5 Tips to Losing Weight Easily When You're Not Working Out
Mar 20, 2014 07:11
Losing weight takes a lot of effort and discipline. But here are five ways you can lose weight without trying too hard. Of course, if you throw exercise into the mix you'll lose weight even quicker!
1. Have a glass of water before each meal: You'll stay hydrated and feel fuller instantly, which helps prevent overeating.
2. Make a few simple swaps at every meal: Choosing a vinaigrette dressing over creamier options like Green Goddess dressing can save you 80 calories, while opting for fresh fruit instead of dried can save you dozens more.
3. Eat dark chocolate for dessert: Satisfy your sugar craving with a piece of dark chocolate. It may not feel as satisfying the first few times, but as you wean yourself off of excessive amounts of sugar, you're not only saving calories, you're also enjoying a healthier but still decadent treat.
4. Stick to portion control: Stick to the right portions at every meal. Measure out snacks instead of eating them straight from the bag. Use smaller plates to trick your mind into thinking smaller portions are more substantial, and store leftovers immediately after a meal so you're not tempted to have seconds.
5. Just move more: Time may not be on your side, but you can still burn a few extra calories by moving a little more throughout the day. Take breaks to walk around the office, opt for the stairs instead of the elevator, and park a little farther from your office entrance to increase your calorie burn.
Hitting the gym has become common-place for people who want to keep fit. Long gone are the days when gyms were only for professional bodybuilders. Gyms are now also equipped for the ordinary person who is conscious of their health and fitness. According to health professionals, some amount of exercise is necessary to keep the body healthy, even as the old age creeps in. Feeding well is another way of keeping healthy, thus the recent popularity of eating healthy. Read more
Is it necessary to workout? I would be lying if I say No. With the kind of helpless situation that we are forcing ourselves into, there left no other option but to work out. The number of diseases, the number of Heart Attacks, number of deaths due to the depression is a proof of it. Knowingly or unknowingly we have selected this sort of lifestyle. There is no chance of going back or no chance of restarting. Hence we have to search for the things that help us to stay fit, stay healthy. Read more
It’s good to challenge yourself. It keeps you on your toes and works your brain in new ways. Don’t be afraid to feel a little goofy or uncomfortable while you embark on this journey of self-discovery. Be glad you’re taking action to keep yourself happy and healthy. Read more