5 Tips to Losing Weight Easily When You're Not Working Out
Mar 20, 2014 07:11
Losing weight takes a lot of effort and discipline. But here are five ways you can lose weight without trying too hard. Of course, if you throw exercise into the mix you'll lose weight even quicker!
1. Have a glass of water before each meal: You'll stay hydrated and feel fuller instantly, which helps prevent overeating.
2. Make a few simple swaps at every meal: Choosing a vinaigrette dressing over creamier options like Green Goddess dressing can save you 80 calories, while opting for fresh fruit instead of dried can save you dozens more.
3. Eat dark chocolate for dessert: Satisfy your sugar craving with a piece of dark chocolate. It may not feel as satisfying the first few times, but as you wean yourself off of excessive amounts of sugar, you're not only saving calories, you're also enjoying a healthier but still decadent treat.
4. Stick to portion control: Stick to the right portions at every meal. Measure out snacks instead of eating them straight from the bag. Use smaller plates to trick your mind into thinking smaller portions are more substantial, and store leftovers immediately after a meal so you're not tempted to have seconds.
5. Just move more: Time may not be on your side, but you can still burn a few extra calories by moving a little more throughout the day. Take breaks to walk around the office, opt for the stairs instead of the elevator, and park a little farther from your office entrance to increase your calorie burn.
In the United States, more than 18 million Americans suffer from depression. Many people do not realize that depression causes more symptoms than just sadness or self-loathing. Depression can also cause serious symptoms that can adversely impact the quality of your life, including suicidal thoughts, fatigue and much more. Read more
It’s safe to say that cannabis oil is a fairly well-known phenomenon and most people either personally knows someone who’s used it, are using it themselves or have at least heard about it. This is especially so in places where cannabis use has been legalized either for medicinal or recreational use. That said, there is still much to learn about cannabis oil and what it can do for one’s health and wellbeing, which is why we’ve decided to write this short article to help you find out more about its amazing benefits. Read more
An athlete from birth, twenty-five-year-old Jesse Sherriff began his childhood in his dad’s Dorchester-based karate dojo. As he grew from boy to young adult, Jesse spent the majority of his time in the dojo, eventually teaching lessons to adults and children alike. This was just the start of Jesse’s flair for fitness. Read more