How hard can it be to wash your face? Seems rather easy, right? It turns out that your face-washing routine could cause a whole list of skin problems; including dryness, irritation, oiliness, and breakouts. If you haven't gotten the art of washing your face right, here are 10 of the biggest face-washing mistakes people make, and how fixing them can help reduce skin problems:
1. Using the wrong product. The right cleanser for your skin should remove dirt, makeup, and grime while not taking away too much of your skin's natural oils or healthy cells. Find one that does the job - one that isn't too gentle, or too harsh. It may take a few different brands of cleansers to get there, but it'll be worth it once you discover the right cleanser for your skin.
2. Overdoing it. Washing your face once or twice a day is good practice. But anything more than that can irritate the skin, ironically leading to an overproduction of oil. If you didn't wear make up, and only used sunscreen, or if you sweat much that day, skip the night cleanser and try rinsing with tepid water. You should give your skin a break from the cycle of products from time to time.
3. Using the wrong water temperature. You're probably told that hot water opens pores and cold water closes them. Hot water may feel good on your skin, but it can screw with your skin's natural, protective oils and lead to over-drying or over production of sebum. Use lukewarm water to cleanse gently yet effectively. 4. Over-exfoliating. Exfoliation is great to get rid of dead skin cells, but the key here is moderation. At max, you should exfoliate twice a week. Use your fingers instead of a washcloth when exfoliating to prevent pulling and tugging of the skin.
5. Not rinsing properly. When you don't rinse properly your skin builds up residue which can clog pores and dry out your skin. So rinse thoroughly, even when you're rushing off in the morning or come home dead-tired. The most commonly neglected spots are the jawline, hairline, and nose, so pay attention to those areas!
6. Using irritating ingredients. Stay away from irritating ingredients such as fragrances, colorants, and synthetic preservatives like parabens. Sodium lauryl sulfate is another one to avoid as it is used as a surfactant to wash away debris, but is a common cause of irritation and allergic reactions.
7. Rubbing your face with a towel. Always pat! Don't rub! Rubbing feels awesome after washing your face, but it tugs and pulls at your skin, which puts your elastin at risk. Also, don't use just any hanging towel - use a designated clean, soft towel to blot your freshly washed face.
8. Waiting to moisturize. To help seal in moisture, apply moisturizers immediately after cleansing, while the skin is still damp. Same goes for serums and special treatment products. Waiting for your skin to be completely dry makes it a tad harder for active ingredients to sink into your skin, causing it to feel greasy or tacky.
9. Buying the most expensive skincare product. Just because a face wash costs a bomb it doesn't mean it's the best. Look for something with simple, natural ingredients, and save your dollars for products that will actually stay on your skin, like serums and moisturizers. 10. Being afraid of oils. It was believed that oils were skin's pore-clogging enemy. But the belief is changing. Experts say that all skin types can benefit from cleansing with oil, even oily and blemish-prone skin. The right oils will cleanse pores of dirt and bacteria, while helping heal and balance skin. Look for cleansing oil products with natural, plant-based oils. Or try a high-quality almond oil, apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, or sunflower oil from the grocery store. To note: while coconut oil and olive oil work for some, they have been known to cause problems for others. All you need to do is massage the oil to your face and wipe with a soft washcloth dunked in warm water. But be sure to thoroughly wipe away the oil to prevent residual build up and keep pores clear.
There are detrimental consequences that come with sleeping on a wrong mattress. It is due to this that all mattress manufacturers usually give out warranties as well as the expected lifespan of their mattress, beyond which the mattress should never be used. If you are having back problems or back pains, then you know what it means to stay comfortable when seated, and most importantly, when sleeping. Read more
If living a healthy lifestyle was easy we’d all be doing it without any problem. The issue is that it’s difficult to change your ways and make modifications when you’re busy and have other responsibilities to take care of.What you need are simple strategies that are going to help you live a healthier lifestyle and experience more satisfaction overall. It’s possible to do so with the right tools and attitude in place, so don’t give up on yourself before you at least try to adjust your behaviors. Get excited about how great you could feel if you merely pay more attention to how you’re living on a regular basis. Read more
Bodybuilding programs can be quite awkward especially when they don't seem to yield results. Perhaps, you lift weights very often and engage in several other bodybuilding exercises but fail to get enough muscle gain in return for the invested effort and time. If you are one of such people who have little to show for all the workouts, you can check out these 5 bodybuilding tips that will give you faster results. Read more