Are you a fashion-conscious woman? Then you have hit the right page! Neglecting the feet only aggravates the cracked heels problems, which will make you feel uncomfortable when you go out to buy a pair of pretty flip flops next time. Here is provided a set of home remedies to help you soothe and ease those cracks on your heels.
Image source: Shutterstock
Top 10 effective and affordable remedies:
1. Rice flour: This good old kitchen ingredient comes in handy when your feet begin to ache. Mix together freshly ground flour with some honey and apple cider vinegar. Stir this together until they blend into a thick paste. Soak your feet in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes before using this scrub to gently exfoliate the dead skin to get rid of the cracked heels.
2. Lemon: With high acidic content, lemon treats rough skin that leads to cracking of the heels. Simply apply lemon juice directly onto rough and cracked heels. Then, use a mild soap and pumice stone to scrub your feet for best results.
3. Paraffin wax: Even a bad case of cracked heels can be soothed with paraffin wax. It not only prevents the soles from cracking further, but also decreases pain that accompanies a severe case of cracked heels. Mix the wax with coconut oil and heat until all the wax blends into the oil. Apply this mixture to your feet before you retire for the day and wash off your feet in the following morning for silky smooth feet in just a week’s time.
4. Rose water and glycerine: Glycerine is no less than a magical potion when it comes to treating cracked heels. Add rose water to it that is abundant in Vitamin A, C, D and E, and you have the most potent anti-cracks remedy.
5. Indian lilac: Neem, known as the Indian lilac, is yet another potent remedy that can work wonders on dry and chapped skin of the feet. Crush a handful of these medicinal leaves with a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Add a few drops of water to make a paste that can be applied to the feet for relief from pain as well as to treat cracks.
6. Vegetable oil: A liberal application of any vegetable oil such as olive oil, coconut oil or even sesame oil can do the trick. Scrub your feet and massage the oil before going to bed and then wear a pair of clean socks. The oil will penetrate into your skin and begin to work to make your heel soft and smooth.
7. Bananas: The next time you pick up that overripe banana to throw into the bin, look at your feet. If you see the signs of cracks appearing on your feet, put the banana to use. Ripe and overripe bananas can help restore smooth and soft heels. Simply mash and apply the pulp of a ripe banana and rid yourself of cracked heels!
8. Honey: This natural humectant is loaded with antibacterial properties that make it an active ingredient in most skin care treatments. Stir in a cup of honey into a bath of lukewarm water and let your feet soak in its goodness for 15 minutes to moisturize your dry feet to health.
9. Vaseline: Another natural way to moisturize those cracks is to use petroleum jelly. Scrub the cracks gently with a pumice stone after soaking your feet in a tub of warm water. Next, apply petroleum jelly and put on a pair of socks. A few days of this treatment will give you soft and moisturized heels!
10. Bath of salt water: Last on our list of remedies today is salt water bath. Soak your feet in a bath of warm water for 15 minutes before you alternate with a bath of cold water. This treats the cracks, moisturizes the feet and improves blood circulation into the feet.At the very first signs of cracking, get into action and use these simple foolproof home remedies. You will be both delighted and surprised at how effective they can be!
If there's one thing many people can't live without, it's got to be coffee. Most adults take it in the morning for that boost of energy and alertness, and some just can't live without it anymore! Well, there's a reason why your morning cup of coffee can be good for you, and not just in energy. Read more
Therapy has a reputation for being something you consider only when you’re desperate. But the fact is, plenty of very successful people seek therapy every day. There’s no rule that says you must hit rock-bottom before you can contact a therapist to make an appointment. Sure, sometimes people go to therapy because they’re overwhelmingly sad, but sometimes they go because they’re at a transitional moment life and need some help to get through it. Here are three common occurrences in life that often drive people to seek out the services of a licensed and highly trained therapist. Read more
Far from being a rare occurrence, many adults lose a tooth at some stage of their life. So, if it has recently happened to you, and you’re wondering why, or you just want to take steps to prevent losing an adult tooth, here are the top reasons adults lose one or more teeth—and how to avoid them. Read more