Are you a fashion-conscious woman? Then you have hit the right page! Neglecting the feet only aggravates the cracked heels problems, which will make you feel uncomfortable when you go out to buy a pair of pretty flip flops next time. Here is provided a set of home remedies to help you soothe and ease those cracks on your heels.
Image source: Shutterstock
Top 10 effective and affordable remedies:
1. Rice flour: This good old kitchen ingredient comes in handy when your feet begin to ache. Mix together freshly ground flour with some honey and apple cider vinegar. Stir this together until they blend into a thick paste. Soak your feet in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes before using this scrub to gently exfoliate the dead skin to get rid of the cracked heels.
2. Lemon: With high acidic content, lemon treats rough skin that leads to cracking of the heels. Simply apply lemon juice directly onto rough and cracked heels. Then, use a mild soap and pumice stone to scrub your feet for best results.
3. Paraffin wax: Even a bad case of cracked heels can be soothed with paraffin wax. It not only prevents the soles from cracking further, but also decreases pain that accompanies a severe case of cracked heels. Mix the wax with coconut oil and heat until all the wax blends into the oil. Apply this mixture to your feet before you retire for the day and wash off your feet in the following morning for silky smooth feet in just a week’s time.
4. Rose water and glycerine: Glycerine is no less than a magical potion when it comes to treating cracked heels. Add rose water to it that is abundant in Vitamin A, C, D and E, and you have the most potent anti-cracks remedy.
5. Indian lilac: Neem, known as the Indian lilac, is yet another potent remedy that can work wonders on dry and chapped skin of the feet. Crush a handful of these medicinal leaves with a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Add a few drops of water to make a paste that can be applied to the feet for relief from pain as well as to treat cracks.
6. Vegetable oil: A liberal application of any vegetable oil such as olive oil, coconut oil or even sesame oil can do the trick. Scrub your feet and massage the oil before going to bed and then wear a pair of clean socks. The oil will penetrate into your skin and begin to work to make your heel soft and smooth.
7. Bananas: The next time you pick up that overripe banana to throw into the bin, look at your feet. If you see the signs of cracks appearing on your feet, put the banana to use. Ripe and overripe bananas can help restore smooth and soft heels. Simply mash and apply the pulp of a ripe banana and rid yourself of cracked heels!
8. Honey: This natural humectant is loaded with antibacterial properties that make it an active ingredient in most skin care treatments. Stir in a cup of honey into a bath of lukewarm water and let your feet soak in its goodness for 15 minutes to moisturize your dry feet to health.
9. Vaseline: Another natural way to moisturize those cracks is to use petroleum jelly. Scrub the cracks gently with a pumice stone after soaking your feet in a tub of warm water. Next, apply petroleum jelly and put on a pair of socks. A few days of this treatment will give you soft and moisturized heels!
10. Bath of salt water: Last on our list of remedies today is salt water bath. Soak your feet in a bath of warm water for 15 minutes before you alternate with a bath of cold water. This treats the cracks, moisturizes the feet and improves blood circulation into the feet.At the very first signs of cracking, get into action and use these simple foolproof home remedies. You will be both delighted and surprised at how effective they can be!
The medical field has experienced numerous developments in the manufacturing of inversion tables. The main aim is to offer medical assistance to individuals suffering from spinal back pains. With the numerous brands of inversion table, one has to be cautious during purchase. Different brands possess different qualities. For effective and durable service, it is advisable to consider the below important factors during purchase. Read more
It is said losing weight is not easy but to be true building lean muscle mass is not easy. When the body is comfortable and you won’t do anything to shake things up achieving a lean and muscular body is a distant dream. Read more
In order for a weight loss program to work, it needs to have reasonable goals, be sustainable, and, perhaps most importantly, be something that you would at least somewhat enjoy doing. In essence, a weight loss program should not just be a temporary fix; it needs to become a way of life. If it is just a temporary change, you will end up regaining the weight you worked so hard to lose as soon as the program is “over.” Read more