1. Take one of the wheels and one of the steel rods. Place the wheel down on the work surface. Place the steel rod into the hole of the wheel. Tap the steel rod into place. Place washer on steel rod and move it down to the wheel.
2. Measure and cut the straw so that it fits on the steel rod between the wheels when they are both on the rod. The straw length depends upon the inside length of the wheel length where the rod is inserted. Cut the straw to fit this length. The straw should turn freely when both wheels are on both ends of the steel rod.
3. Place the cut length of straw onto the steel rod. Place a second washer onto the steel rod. Put a wheel on the open end of the steel rod and tap into place.
4. Take one of the wheels and the other steel rod. Place the wheel down on the work surface. Place the steel rod into the hole of the wheel. Tap the steel rod into place. Place washer onto steel rod and move it down to the wheel.
5. Measure and cut a second length of straw but this time leave space for a gear which will be placed on the rod before the second wheel. Place cut straw on steel rod. Place washer on steel rod. Place gear on steel rod and tap gear into place. Place wheel on steel rod and tap into place.
6. Use the hot glue gun and place a line of glue along the length of the straw. Carefully place the balsa on to glue ½ inch from its end. Repeat with the other axle.
7. Attach the smaller gear to the motor to form a gear/motor assembly. Place the gear/motor assembly so that the teeth of the small gear line up with the teeth of the larger gear. Move the assembly out of the way enough to place a line of hot glue on the balsa wood. Set the assembly on the glue line.
8. Glue the underside of the solar cell to the top the balsa wood.
9. Connect the wires of the solar cell and the motor.
The low-cost airline Vietjet has gained a ton of publicity, partly because of its bikini-clad flight attendants. The airline has now 40% of Vietnam's domestic airline market. They've made so much money that now they have just bought $11 billion worth of jets. Read more
Murad Osmann went viral when his Instagram pics of his girlfriend leading him around the world caught our attention. While not many of us have those opportunities, people have at least, a sense of humor. Here are some of the parodies of their popular 'FollowMeTo' tag. Read more
If you're a violently obsessed Game of Thrones fan, you're always wary of coming online to avoid spoilers of any kind for the latest episode. This one woman her cheating ex a torrent of spoilers because she's probably still mad. According to this Redditor, Khaleesiiscorned, his story is as follows: Read more