● If your kitchen is small (or any room for that matter) use light
colors: off white, beige etc. but you can accent the room with
bright colors if you like to brighten up your kitchen. Dark colors will
make a room look smaller than it's actual size.
● The kitchen sink, cooking stove and the refrigerator should form a
work triangle where the total distance of the three stations
is no more than 26 feet. The three stations should be close enough for
convenience when preparing food.
● Avoid dark colored tiles on shower areas of bathrooms and kitchen
counters. Although black or royal blue may look stunning, soap
residue can easily be seen and is difficult to clean when hardened.
Unless you have a helper to clean the bathroom right after you shower,
it is better to use light colored tiles on the shower area.
● Like any other room, if your
bathroom is too small use a large mirror on top of the sink or one whole wall - it will make the bathroom look bigger.
● You can also place a mirror in the kitchen. A good place is opposite the window, it will not only make the room larger but it
will reflect the light and brighten the room.
● Put small indoor plants on small pots in your kitchen and bathroom. Plants gives a fresh feeling to the interior design of
the kitchen and bathroom.
● Don't be limited to stainless steel sinks, drawer handles, frames and pans, use copper, chrome, wrought iron, tin, brass and
platinum. They will make your kitchen or bathroom more interesting.
● If you have shelves to spare, put cookbooks, small indoor plants and other accessories to make your kitchen more appealing.
● During holidays change the look of your kitchen by putting themed table cloth and chair slipcovers to cheer up the room.
● Always make sure that there is adequate lighting on bathrooms and
kitchen. Inadequate lighting makes the kitchen & bathroom
feel cramped and gloomy. Aside from the general lighting fixture at the
center of the room. Put task lights under the kitchen hanging
cabinets. In the bathroom, put wall lights on either sides of the vanity
mirror. The classic style of placing small wall lamps on both
sides of the mirror gives your bathroom a charming and elegant look.
● Bathroom interior design can be fun. If your bathroom is big enough,
you can decorate it with some framed pictures or artwork.
Just make sure that it is not affected by moisture. Pictures or artwork
makes the bathroom more interesting. Also put some scented
candles, soaps and flowers. They are always a welcome add on -specially
to your visitors.
Every year we make predictions about what the coming years have got for us. However, it is pretty clear now that social media marketing is staying here for a long time and its power is attributed to the fact that it keeps on evolving. It keeps on getting more flexible and adaptable as the time progresses. Getting more responsive to new technology, constantly meeting user expectations and introduction of new and better features makes it an ideal leveraging platform for businesses. Read more
There are over 1.2 billion people worldwide who spend over an hour every day, on average, playing video games. The negative impacts of video games have been debated for over 20 years but the recent researches are pretty interesting. Many game designers and psychologists believe that playing video games is good for your brain. Whole-hearted engagement in creative challenges have a lot benefits associated with it. Spending your energy to solve difficult problems never go in vain. It has already been proven that people who play more video games have better perceptual and cognitive abilities. Read more
Now that we’re well and truly enjoying the spring weather, it’s time to start thinking about the long, hot summer that’s just around the corner. While you may still be waiting for the times when the weekends become an endless round of days at the beach and garden parties, now’s the chance to get some summer preparation done. Read more