designing your bedrooms, make sure the rooms are cozy and restful in
appearance. Avoid bright colors like orange. Bright colors won't
induce you to sleep. Neutral, warm colors, pastels and earth colors are
best suited for walls, ceiling
and bedroom furniture.
● If you are starting your interiors from scratch, you can start by
choosing fabrics first and base the color of you wall from it,
then you can select furniture that compliments the color of walls and
the fabrics that you are going to use.
● Save on expensive wall decor, go through magazines, art books or even
your child's art work at school and have the picture framed.
Not only will you save, you will have a unique picture that is not found
on commercial home decor stores.
● Consider an extra cabinet or storage space inside your bedroom or den,
they are areas that usually invite clutter. It is important
to always have your room neat and clutter free.
● Use warm flooring on bedroom floors like wood and carpet. Don't use
ceramic tiles, marble or granite on bedroom floors. It is not pleasant
to get out of bed in the morning and step on a cold floor. If a cold
flooring material is already installed, put an area rug beside the bed.
you can, use the same fabric, design and color of the bedcovers as with
the curtains. The room will have that "Interior Designed" look.
● If you want to be one with nature as the look you want for your bedroom, go with woven bed sheds. These are made from renewable resources like jutes, bamboos, reeds and rattan. Cool, cozy and "green" look is achieved!
● If your room is small, use mirrors on the walls. It gives the room an illusion of space.
● For bedrooms and specially dens, put an exhaust fan on the ceiling or
wall farthest from the window. It will suck-in the
cold air outside and keep the air inside the room fresh and cool. This
can even save you electricity bills by not using your air conditioner
during cool months.
● Some of us wants our bedrooms to be dark even late in the day
specially when we sleep late. Thus some of us put up very
dark curtains. Deep colored curtains against a light colored wall comes
very strong. It is better to have your walls a shade darker
and the curtain a little lighter to lessen the contrast. An alternative
is to use two layered curtains instead one that is very dark.
● Aside from the typical center light on the middle of the ceiling, use lampshades, pin lights and up lights for mood lighting.
These type of lighting gives dark and light patterns of light in the room.
● 1/3 of you life is spent on your bed. Invest in a good mattress,
pillows and cotton or linen sheets -they absorb perspiration better.
● The bedroom is your private space, among all rooms in
your home, your bedroom's look and atmosphere should be the most relaxing and reflective of your personal taste and style.
We all know how important it is to stay healthy. It prolongs our lives, makes us feel great, and minimizes our medical bills. But our health doesn't stay the same, it changes as we get older. That means we need to be on the ball and customize the methods that we are using to stay healthy to the corresponding time in our lives. Read on to find out more. Read more
With growing commercialization, natural resources are getting consumed at an alarming rate. This is where the notion of energy conservation comes into play. Along with the passage of time, the intensity of the concept ‘going green’ is increasing. Governmental organizations and other non-governmental institutions are also spreading awareness about the hazards related to environmental degradation. Read more