The scoring of an IQ test is not the same for everyone, because age is used in determining a score. Intelligence quotient is determined by the "intelligence age" (I A) in relation to the chronological age of the person being tested. IQ scales can differ from each other (Americans use scales with IQ values above 200), but the mean value of most scales is an IQ of 100. This represents normal intelligence.
Think you are smart? Well, if your IQ is 130, that puts you ahead of 98% of people. Of course that means there are still 120 million people who are smarter than you (the other 2%). Also, recent research shows that a person's level of self-discipline is more predictive of success than their IQ level. In other words, don't take too much meaning from your score on an IQ scale.
Over 140 - Genius or almost genius 120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence 110 - 119 - Superior intelligence 90 - 109 - Average or normal intelligence 80 - 89 - Dullness 70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency in intelligence Under 70 - Feeble-mindedness
Normal Distribution of IQ Scores
50% of IQ scores fall between 90 and 110 70% of IQ scores fall between 85 and 115 95% of IQ scores fall between 70 and 130 99.5% of IQ scores fall between 60 and 140
Low IQ & Mental Retardation
An IQ under 70 is considered as "mental retardation" or limited mental ability. 5% of the population falls below 70 on IQ tests. The severity of the mental retardation is commonly broken into 4 levels:
Every year we make predictions about what the coming years have got for us. However, it is pretty clear now that social media marketing is staying here for a long time and its power is attributed to the fact that it keeps on evolving. It keeps on getting more flexible and adaptable as the time progresses. Getting more responsive to new technology, constantly meeting user expectations and introduction of new and better features makes it an ideal leveraging platform for businesses. Read more
There are over 1.2 billion people worldwide who spend over an hour every day, on average, playing video games. The negative impacts of video games have been debated for over 20 years but the recent researches are pretty interesting. Many game designers and psychologists believe that playing video games is good for your brain. Whole-hearted engagement in creative challenges have a lot benefits associated with it. Spending your energy to solve difficult problems never go in vain. It has already been proven that people who play more video games have better perceptual and cognitive abilities. Read more
Now that we’re well and truly enjoying the spring weather, it’s time to start thinking about the long, hot summer that’s just around the corner. While you may still be waiting for the times when the weekends become an endless round of days at the beach and garden parties, now’s the chance to get some summer preparation done. Read more