We've seen the official pics, now, lets take a look at what we know about the all new Volvo V40. The V40 measures 4,369mm (172.0 -in.) long, 2,041mm (80.3-in.) wide including the mirrors and 1,445mm (56.9-in.) tall, while it rides on a 2,647mm (104.2-in.) wheelbase.
This makes the V40 roughly the same size as its BMW rival, the new generation 1 Series. Buyers of the car have two options for engine ranges. Hit the jump to check them out.
The petrol range comprises of these three units:
-The 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder "T3" producing 150PS (148bhp) at 5,700 rpm and 240Nm (177 lb-ft) of peak torque between 1,600 rpm and 4,000rppm.
The variant will be offered only with a 6-speed manual gearbox accelerating the V40 from 0-100km/h (62mph) in 8.8 seconds and on to a top speed of 210km/h (131mph), and has a combined fuel consumption of 5.8lt/100km (40.6 mpg US) with CO2 emissions of 134g/km.
- The 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder "T4" is rated at 180PS (178bhp) at 5,700rpm and 240Nm (177 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,600 rpm to 5,000rpm.
With this variant there's a choice of two 6-speed transmissions, a manual and an automatic. The manual takes the V40 from zero to 100km/h (62mph) in 7.7 seconds with a top speed of 225km/h (140mph) and returns an average fuel economy of 5.9lt/100km (39.9mpg US) with CO2 emissions of 138g/km.
- Volvo's 2.5-liter turbocharged inline-five "T5" makes its appearance on the flagship V40 where it delivers 254PS (251bhp) at 5,400 rpm and 360Nm (266 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,800 rpm to 5,400rppm.
This is exclusively with a 6-speed automatic that allows for a zero to 100km/h (62mph) sprint time of 6.5 seconds and a maximum speed of 250km/h (155mph), while consuming 7.9lt/100km (29.8mpg US) on average with CO2 emissions of 185g/km.
The diesel lineup consists of three units:
- The 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder "D2" churns out 115PS (113bhp) at 3,600rpm and 270Nm (199 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,750 rpm to 2,500rpm and is linked exclusively to a 6sp manual gearbox.
The V40 goes from zero to 100km/h (62mph) in 12.3 seconds and reaches a top speed of 190km/h (118mph).
- The 2.0-liter turbocharged five-cylinder "D3" is good for 150PS (148bhp) at 3,500rpm and 350Nm (258 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,750 rpm to 2,750rpm.
With a choice of two 6-speed transmissions, manual or automatic, the manual gearbox, can take the V40 D3 from zero to 100km/h (62mph) in 9.6 seconds and tops out at 210km/h (131mph), while delivering a combined fuel consumption of 4.4lt/100km (53.5mpg US) on the EU cycle with CO2 emissions of 117g/km.
- The 2.0-liter turbocharged five-cylinder "D4" develops 177PS (175bhp) at 3,500rpm and 400Nm (295 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,750 rpm to 2,750rpm.
Transmission choices include a 6sp manual and an automatic with the same number of gears. The V40 D4 reaches 100km/h (62mph) in 6.6 seconds and maxes out at 215km/h (134mph).
Jay Leno has about 150 cars and motorcycles in his garage, and most of the cars have been restored and taken care by Leno, and his team of mechanics. These cars are all legalized and licensed. Check out his 25 most interesting and significant collection in the gallery. Read more
VW built a real-life version of its PS3 Gran Turismo 6 entry, the GTI Roadster. And man, it's beautiful! Originally displayed at this year's Worthersee meeting, VW brought the concept for the first time to North America at the Los Angeles Auto Show. Read more
Kia created the X-Men inspired Sorento as part of a collaboration with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment to promote the DVD and Blu-Ray release of X-Men: Days of Future Past. They explain: Read more