We've seen the official pics, now, lets take a look at what we know about the all new Volvo V40. The V40 measures 4,369mm (172.0 -in.) long, 2,041mm (80.3-in.) wide including the mirrors and 1,445mm (56.9-in.) tall, while it rides on a 2,647mm (104.2-in.) wheelbase.
This makes the V40 roughly the same size as its BMW rival, the new generation 1 Series. Buyers of the car have two options for engine ranges. Hit the jump to check them out.
The petrol range comprises of these three units:
-The 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder "T3" producing 150PS (148bhp) at 5,700 rpm and 240Nm (177 lb-ft) of peak torque between 1,600 rpm and 4,000rppm.
The variant will be offered only with a 6-speed manual gearbox accelerating the V40 from 0-100km/h (62mph) in 8.8 seconds and on to a top speed of 210km/h (131mph), and has a combined fuel consumption of 5.8lt/100km (40.6 mpg US) with CO2 emissions of 134g/km.
- The 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder "T4" is rated at 180PS (178bhp) at 5,700rpm and 240Nm (177 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,600 rpm to 5,000rpm.
With this variant there's a choice of two 6-speed transmissions, a manual and an automatic. The manual takes the V40 from zero to 100km/h (62mph) in 7.7 seconds with a top speed of 225km/h (140mph) and returns an average fuel economy of 5.9lt/100km (39.9mpg US) with CO2 emissions of 138g/km.
- Volvo's 2.5-liter turbocharged inline-five "T5" makes its appearance on the flagship V40 where it delivers 254PS (251bhp) at 5,400 rpm and 360Nm (266 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,800 rpm to 5,400rppm.
This is exclusively with a 6-speed automatic that allows for a zero to 100km/h (62mph) sprint time of 6.5 seconds and a maximum speed of 250km/h (155mph), while consuming 7.9lt/100km (29.8mpg US) on average with CO2 emissions of 185g/km.
The diesel lineup consists of three units:
- The 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder "D2" churns out 115PS (113bhp) at 3,600rpm and 270Nm (199 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,750 rpm to 2,500rpm and is linked exclusively to a 6sp manual gearbox.
The V40 goes from zero to 100km/h (62mph) in 12.3 seconds and reaches a top speed of 190km/h (118mph).
- The 2.0-liter turbocharged five-cylinder "D3" is good for 150PS (148bhp) at 3,500rpm and 350Nm (258 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,750 rpm to 2,750rpm.
With a choice of two 6-speed transmissions, manual or automatic, the manual gearbox, can take the V40 D3 from zero to 100km/h (62mph) in 9.6 seconds and tops out at 210km/h (131mph), while delivering a combined fuel consumption of 4.4lt/100km (53.5mpg US) on the EU cycle with CO2 emissions of 117g/km.
- The 2.0-liter turbocharged five-cylinder "D4" develops 177PS (175bhp) at 3,500rpm and 400Nm (295 lb-ft) of peak torque from 1,750 rpm to 2,750rpm.
Transmission choices include a 6sp manual and an automatic with the same number of gears. The V40 D4 reaches 100km/h (62mph) in 6.6 seconds and maxes out at 215km/h (134mph).
Amazon Prime is making more headlines this time with a delivery service that brings your package directly to your car. Introduced in a very limited pilot option, it is especially useful if you're waiting for a package but can't stay somewhere to sign for it. Read more
Toroidion is an electric-power vehicle unveiled at the Top Marques Auto Show in Monaco developed either for road or track featuring a high capacity battery that can be replaced and recharged. Check it out below. Read more
Honda shows off its Concept D car, a concept model for a new SUV model under development. It is a hint at what Honda has in development for mass-production in the Chinese market SUV market. Check it out below: Read more