10 Things to Look For When Buying a Used Car In 2018
Jun 13, 2018 12:43
Getting a used car can be very tricky sometimes, because unlike new cars, used cars are not the same. They all have different backgrounds and history which can work in your favor or be the biggest decision you'd ever regret. Here are guide/tips that will help if you are planning to get a used car.
(1)Do Your Research: the most important thing before buying a used car is to carry out a thorough research. You'd be making a mistake if you go to a car dealer without making proper research. You can get information about car models that suit your need online, so be sure to do a good one. Also, don’t limit yourself to just a particular model, be flexible, be less picky, and you will find more options to choose from.
(2) Check Your Finance: getting your finance in order is another important thing to do. Set a particular price according to your finance, and stick to it. Although you might need to buy a lesser model. It is better to get a used car you can pay for with cash than paying for an interest on a property that is actually depreciating.
(3) Shop Around: unless you need the car urgently and can’t afford to spare any more time, check around before you purchase a car. Research the price of the car and compare prices from different dealers. You can also get deal pricing and also look up for range of prices you should expect to get from dealerships around.
(4) Inspect the Car Properly In Daylight: take your time to check the appearance of the car well. Be sure to check at daytime so you don’t miss even the tiniest detail. Here is a list of things you need to check during the inspection:
•make sure the car is on ground level so you can be able to check the car tires properly. Ensure all the tires match, and also check for bad alignment on the tire.
•check the paint job of the car and check for any scratch, rust spots or dents.
•check the trunk of the car properly to ensure it is not in a bad condition.
•also check the air-conditioning of the car; turn it on to check if it is still in a good working condition.
•check to see if all the lights are still working properly too.
(5) Negotiate for The Best Price: before negotiating the price, it is important to pre-negotiate the car's warranty first if the manufacturer’s warranty on the car is already expired. The agreed warranty should be in a written form and also signed by both the dealer and the buyer for future purposes. You can then go ahead to bargain a price with the dealer, be firm about the price you want to pay, and don’t hesitate to walk away if you don’t like the deal.
(6) Avoid Buying on Impulse: buying on an impulse means you have decided to buy the car by all means, even without seeing it first. Which makes you skip a lot of things you would have seen if you weren’t in that state of mind? Also, when you buy on impulse, you might be making a mistake you'd definitely regret later. So avoid it.
(7) Check the Car’s History Report and Run a VIN Check Too: a car's history report is also an important part of the purchase process. It will help you know if the car that has such a good physical appearance is not actually just a financial crisis waiting to happen. So to better protect yourself, and make sure you are not making a mistake or getting a car that has hidden problems, request for the car's history report. Also by carrying out a VIN lookup on the car, it will help you get information about the car's past ownership, accident records, and the amount of owners the car has had.
•then you can get a free check through government-run public services
•you can also purchase a more detailed check through a private service.
(8) Go With Your Mechanic: when you are getting an old car, ensure you go with a trustworthy mechanic. Your mechanic knows better and also has more knowledge and experience about cars than you do. So before you purchase the car, go with your mechanic and let him do a check on the car. So you will know if you should go ahead with the purchase or just forget about it.
(9) Test Drive the Car: this is just an important part of the purchase you can’t afford to miss. Also as you test drive, try to check for the following;
•Controls: turn on the windshield wipers, check the turn signals, and just ensure everything is under check and also easy to use.
•View: ensure the view from each of the mirror is clear and acceptable.
•Idle: the car should be sleek, and shouldn’t make funny sounds or an unnecessarily loud noise when the engine is turned on.
•Handling and Brakes: be sure that the car responds well when you push the accelerator, or when you push the brakes. Cars vary greatly in terms of quality, and you want to choose a car that fits your choice.
(10) Close the Deal: Finally, when everything is under control, and a particular price has been agreed, close the deal. Make sure everything that was agreed is in writing, and remember to get a receipt that shows the car’s details, date of purchase, terms of sale and every other detail that needs to be included.
Buying a used car in San Diego is one of the major purchases you'd make in life apart from getting a house. So it is important to be informed about all the purchase process, and also be well prepared to get the best available deal as much as possible.
Lisa Mitchell is a San Diego based Auto Financing blogger with many year of experience covered with Car sell/buy in San Diego, Financing and trading Autos. She has started her carrier from Auto City in 2010. Auto City only offers the highest-quality used cars for sale at extremely competitive prices. That special combination of quality and affordability adds up to one thing – real value to you, the customer.
Car radios are available in a wide range of prices. Some of them tend to be extremely cheap while others may go all the way up to $500. Purchasing a good model can cost you a bit but it can be worth the investment. Read more
For people who have a creative side to them, it is fun to create something that they love. It is therapeutic in its way. Most creative people work with crafts, paper, arts makeup, brushes, but only an automobile enthusiast can tell you how exciting it is to use your car as a creative canvas. There is another level of ecstatic feel that automobile lovers get when they play around with their golden beauties. Some people like to buy cars from older models and modify and upgrade them to their preference. Read more
Driving as a career may not be for everyone, but there are those who enjoy the challenge of operating a vehicle and make it a lifelong profession. There are countless jobs in the transportation industry. One of the most in-demand includes driving forklifts for a logistics facility. The task is straightforward and entails driving a truck, forklift, or any other transport equipment used in storing, stacking, and delivering goods. Read more