It’s definitely not easy to get a decent used cars nowadays from your average car dealer. Luckily the deal is only hard until you know how to handle that guy. After you learn the tricks below you will see how easy it is to get what you need for little money.
First of all you will have to beat the seller at his own game. Here are several life hacks that work!
• If you know the car you want – just email a few of them about all the details, the color. The year of the car and whatever else. Ask them if they have one. Sellers have the habit of luring people directly into the store and they use lack of details and clarifications to say “yes, we have a car just like that”. The more you describe, the higher are the odds only fitting sellers will reply.
• If you see an ad with the perfect car – ask all about it in advance. Say something like, “Do you still have that black Challenger 604 with chrome and vinyl?”Why? Because sellers, as I said before, love to lure buyers into the store and can even display a car they don’t have. You don’t want to deal with that!
Once in store
Now that the initial part of your acquaintance with the dealer is over, it is time to finally set your feet in the store. Here’s what you should do once there:
• Don’t be alone. Grab a friend or a family member for the ride. The truth is that people are vulnerable when alone, especially under pressure. You will be surrounded by an unknown environment where the salesperson is king. You need backup.
• Don’t talk too much. In a negotiation, the first person to speak looses. If you like a car and feel like paying for it – just wait a little bit more. Don’t show interest. In 10 cases out of 10 you will get an initial discount. Same can be said about any displays of enthusiasm or excitement. Imagine you are at the poker table and try your best to bluff as hard as possible.
• The last, but not least – never say what you are willing to spend. That question “how much are you willing to spend” is not something used to help you while picking a ride. It’s used as a plank for the dealer. He will use your initial limit and tailor whatever he is showing to it. Heck, he might even show worse cars for a higher rate and leave all the better ones beyond the limit.
Now, that you are armed and ready – enjoy that new ride you will get !
Yes, it's cold and yes, it's snowing but don’t keep your car static for a long time. Winters can be unpredictable. To avoid any unforeseen damage, it’s smarter to learn about the nearest tire repair shops before it's time to call on one of them. Stop making excuses and wishing for summer to come soon. While you may be worried about the type of accidents that can happen during the winter, learning safe rear-wheel driving before heading out can turn you into a pro in the snow. Read more
None of us want it to happen, but through no fault of your own, you can end up in an auto body shop repairer. It doesn’t matter how good a driver you are, as there is somebody out there who thinks they are better than you and will drive in such a way as to try to prove it. When you drive on the roads every day in the UK, you will come across newly qualified drivers that drive with great care but may be nervous. Then you have the boy racers flying about the roads with little or no consideration for other drivers. There are many different types of drivers out there to compete with and eventually, you are going to run into one of them. Read more
Driving is second nature to many people, and when you get behind the wheel of a car, you are focused on getting from A to B without stress or too much interruption. That said, sometimes you might get into the car without too much through about the conditions you are driving in or the emotions you are experiencing and this could lead to issues along the route or in more severe cases an accident. Of course, no one goes out to cause problems on the road but giving safety a little thought before you head out can work wonders for a stress-free drive. Read more