15 Things You Swore You Wouldn't Do Before You Became a Parent
Apr 14, 2015 13:21
Everyone has had their own opinions and thoughts about how they would run the show when they become parents. Unfortunately, not everyone follows what they swore they wouldn't do before they became parents. Here are some pretty common stuff. Check it out below:
1. Give them your iPhone to distract them while you do something else but parent.
2. Let your house be filled with toys and toys and toys.
3. You swore you wouldn't let them throw tantrums in public.
4. You swore you wouldn't be that parent who constantly posts pictures of your baby. You swore!!
5. You said you wouldn't miss an outing with friends...but you're just too tired to go out now.
6. Your bed was off-limits before they came, but now that they're here, they've made permanent residence!
7. You swore you wouldn't let them watch TV, or too much of it.
8. Bargain with your kids. Your rule is no longer absolute!
9. Wipe their snot away with your shirt sleeve. It's okay.
10. Brag and talk only about your kids to anyone and everyone at every outing.
11. Not let them play app-games. The tablet is too alluring!
12. Not let them eat junk food because that's unhealthy. You swore this!!
13. You swore you'd calm-the-fuck down as a parent. But you're a helicopter one now.
14. You swore not to swear in front of them. Oops.
An ice pack is a material that is used to apply cold to an affected section of the body, either to deflate a blow, combat a headache, or to lower a fever. It is also usually used to apply some ointment. These compresses are usually made of gel. Read more
Sentimental objects and keepsakes are, naturally, the most painful things to part with as we launch a cleaning-out process. But after years of accumulation and moving from home to home with more and more items, the time comes to distinguish between what is really important and what is only accumulating dust.At some point, you either have to confront the memories and decide a new future for them or get straight with the fact that they will continue to take up valuable space in your house, rent-free. Read more
Depending on where you live, summer is usually the most anticipated season of the year. People living in the north can finally take a break from cold, grey weather and appreciate the beauty of vibrant nature. People can finally take a break from the depressing color palette and unstable weather conditions and enjoy the warmth and positivity of summer. However, despite all the beauty of this season, summer has quite a few disadvantages that can diminish your mood and the desired summer experience. Read more