10-Minute Anywhere Spring Workout
Apr 23, 2010 16:08
Stop making excuses about having no time to exercise! Celeb trainer Ashley Conrad, whose clients include Kate Hudson and Bradley Cooper, demonstrates her favorite three moves below which can be done anywhere, anytime in order to rev up your energy, sculpt all major muscle groups and burn about 100 calories. All you'll need are a couple of 10-pound dumbbells, a little motivation and 10 minutes of your time:
Burpees (Targets butt, thighs, abs, core, lower legs and burns calories)
- Start in the push up position and bring legs underneath you just wider than shoulders. From this position, explode up and jump off the ground to land immediately with your knees soft and your belly tight.
- Lower hips once again, place your hands just outside your feet, then explode back to the start push-up position and repeat nonstop for one minute.
Lateral Slides (Targets legs, inner/outer thighs, core, and burns calories)
"Just like you see basketball players do in training, this move is one of my biggest secrets," Conrad said. "It works the entire lower body, as well as the lower back and every inch of your arms." Spread legs wider than shoulders and drop hips down to squat. Press right hand to the outside of right toes. Stay low in this semi-squat position and move laterally to the side three giant steps and then touch down on the left. Repeat back and forth for one minute.
Dumbbell Raises (Sculpts arms and shoulders)
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand from a standing position. First, do 10 lateral raises lifting straight arms out to your sides up to chest height.
- Next, do 10 front raises with straight arms lifting straight out in front of the chest.
- Follow up with 10 overhead presses, where weights meet overhead and come down to chest level. One set equals 10 lateral raises, 10 front raises and 10 overhead presses for one minute.
Perform this sequence at least three times a day, followed by a drop to the floor and finish off with one solid minute of basic crunches.
According to Conrad, this mini-routine helps your body burn about 100 calories, as well as super-sculpt all those smaller, sexy muscles -- inner thighs, biceps, waistline muscles. Before you know it, you'll begin to notice the results in as little as one or two sessions!