Mitsubishi Marketing: Break 5 Guinness World Records In 24 Hours
Feb 10, 2011 17:56
Here's a different approach to marketing. How about breaking some Guinness World of Records to get some attention? Mitsubishi worked with its agency, 180 Los Angeles and traveled to Ghost Lake in Alberta, Canada to do "something that's never been done before, set as many world records as possible in 24 hours."
Using the Outlander and Outlander Sport, they did just that. Hit the jump to check out the records they broke.
They are none other than:
1. Greatest distance driven by a vehicle in reverse on snow in 30 seconds (300 meters).
2. Shortest braking distance by a vehicle on ice (56.2 meters).
3. Most vehicle figure eights on ice in two minutes (3 laps).
4. Fastest vehicle slalom relay on ice (1 minute, 11 seconds).
5. Fastest driven square lap (19 seconds).
The campaign is for Mitsubishi's "Live Drive" campaign, Check out the video below:
Red Bull's F! car gets captured in infrared lens, showing what its like and what happens when you do donuts. The camera captures heat in bright orange-yellow and makes one heck of a video. Check it out below: Read more
This is our first look at the Chevy Niva Concept. The 4WD mini-SUV was introduced as the Lada Niva or VAZ-2121 by Russian automaker AvtoVaz in the late 70s. Now here it is getting a more rugged look. Be on the lookout for the Chevy Niva to hit showroom floors as soon as 2016. Read more