Mitsubishi Marketing: Break 5 Guinness World Records In 24 Hours
Feb 10, 2011 17:56
Here's a different approach to marketing. How about breaking some Guinness World of Records to get some attention? Mitsubishi worked with its agency, 180 Los Angeles and traveled to Ghost Lake in Alberta, Canada to do "something that's never been done before, set as many world records as possible in 24 hours."
Using the Outlander and Outlander Sport, they did just that. Hit the jump to check out the records they broke.
They are none other than:
1. Greatest distance driven by a vehicle in reverse on snow in 30 seconds (300 meters).
2. Shortest braking distance by a vehicle on ice (56.2 meters).
3. Most vehicle figure eights on ice in two minutes (3 laps).
4. Fastest vehicle slalom relay on ice (1 minute, 11 seconds).
5. Fastest driven square lap (19 seconds).
The campaign is for Mitsubishi's "Live Drive" campaign, Check out the video below:
The Selfie has become a cultural phenomenon in the past year – there is a song about it, A-listers are doing them at the Oscars, and social networking sites are now the posting ground for those who like taking pictures of themselves. If anyone ever tells you that humility is dead, they may have a point. Read more
Jeep unveiled four concept cars at the Beijing Motor Show based on the all-new Renegade, the Cherokee and the Wrangler. The four design studies are inspired from Chinese landmarks and natural sceneries. Read more