Mitsubishi Marketing: Break 5 Guinness World Records In 24 Hours
Feb 10, 2011 17:56
Here's a different approach to marketing. How about breaking some Guinness World of Records to get some attention? Mitsubishi worked with its agency, 180 Los Angeles and traveled to Ghost Lake in Alberta, Canada to do "something that's never been done before, set as many world records as possible in 24 hours."
Using the Outlander and Outlander Sport, they did just that. Hit the jump to check out the records they broke.
They are none other than:
1. Greatest distance driven by a vehicle in reverse on snow in 30 seconds (300 meters).
2. Shortest braking distance by a vehicle on ice (56.2 meters).
3. Most vehicle figure eights on ice in two minutes (3 laps).
4. Fastest vehicle slalom relay on ice (1 minute, 11 seconds).
5. Fastest driven square lap (19 seconds).
The campaign is for Mitsubishi's "Live Drive" campaign, Check out the video below:
VW built a real-life version of its PS3 Gran Turismo 6 entry, the GTI Roadster. And man, it's beautiful! Originally displayed at this year's Worthersee meeting, VW brought the concept for the first time to North America at the Los Angeles Auto Show. Read more
Kia created the X-Men inspired Sorento as part of a collaboration with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment to promote the DVD and Blu-Ray release of X-Men: Days of Future Past. They explain: Read more